By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 126 84.56%

Spiderman 2 23 15.44%

Total:149
zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

Looking at how fast switch sales are slowing down my prediction seems like I nailed it. Told you guys switch Nintendo hardware selling in it's prime to get to 30 million + sales in titles.

You don’t have to repeat the same thing every time you find a cherry picked data point to support your argument.

cherry picked lol. you mean being down 60% in hardware in the US and 70% europe, or that not even one nintendo game is in top 20 sales for the year.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

You don’t have to repeat the same thing every time you find a cherry picked data point to support your argument.

cherry picked lol. you mean being down 60% in hardware in the US and 70% europe, or that not even one nintendo game is in top 20 sales for the year.

Yes, cherry picked. You are ignoring context, what came out last April?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
zeldaring said:

It doesn't really matter switch has nothing to move hardware anymore and sales are falling off hard as well as software.

zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

It doesn't really matter switch has nothing to move hardware anymore and sales are falling off hard as well as software.

you could even say sales are... falling off a clif...

Could someoney please summurize this whole heated discussion that lingers here in this forum?

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

You do realize the April drop is due to the incredible surge of Zelda not occurring this year, and software-wise, switch software, besides Zelda, is nearly 20% cheaper and doesn't include probably about a third of the sales due to no digital. meanwhile switch has 10 games in the top 100 on amazon vs 5 for ps5,  at gamestop 13 vs 8,

but you move your goal posts at lightning speed (initial claim was Spider-man 2 a lock based on youtube)

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeldaring said:

Looking at how fast switch sales are slowing down my prediction seems like I nailed it. Told you guys switch Nintendo hardware selling in it's prime to get to 30 million + sales in titles.

This is called confirmation bias. 

Glad you can see your prediction working out. I still see Super Mario Bros Wonder selling over 20M. Way better than Spider-Man 2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
zeldaring said:

Glad you can see your prediction working out. I still see Super Mario Bros Wonder selling over 20M. Way better than Spider-Man 2.

My prediction was wonder would do 20 million and at the  highest 22 million. 

zeldaring said:
Shtinamin_ said:

no,your prediction was spiderman 2 would outsell super  Mario wonder

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

masschamber said:
zeldaring said:

no,your prediction was spiderman 2 would outsell super  Mario wonder

If you look at my posts it said they would be very close and it's 50/50. Spiderman 2 has underpreformed a bit no doubt.  It still very close race. Mario wonder probably up by 1.2 million. Mainly cause of japan.