By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
CGI-Quality said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Mario Bros. Wonder didn't have bundles to help with sales but managed to sell that much without any problem. It's going to get close to the 20 million-unit mark in this year alone.

Walmart Bundle 1

Walmart Bundle 2

During the holiday - which was advertised here

Black Friday deal here

There's a stark difference between retailer bundles and official bundles. Official bundles contributed to the earnings results of those companies, and for Sony, it was noted to have an impact on the low OI in the last quarter. Nintendo also stated the number of official bundles they were selling in FY reports. 

FY20: 3.40M 
FY21: 3.80M
FY22: 1.50M 

It's strange to see so many people dismiss the official bundles as a significant force in moving hardware and software. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
zorg1000 said:

zeldaring said:

I'll wait after the holidays then but i want my apologies after that. like i told you guys no way this will do near TOTK numbers and now the numbers back this up. I will wait for the after the holidays to come back to this thread, cause you guys will never admit you were wrong till the fat lady sings.

zeldaring said:

are you gonna apologize when i'm right? I guess you were the casual lol. I want accountability for your bad prediction like you wanted accountability for mine.  

zeldaring said:

It will be. you gonna have to put some respect on my name.

zeldaring said:

Wow Nice. if anyone wants an expertise opinion on predictions PM me.

Well, is it time for us to apologize yet?

The main argument for me was that mario wonder would not hit 30 million and it's looking that way. As for the spider man 2 beating  wonder it's not gonna happen because ps5 undersold big time and it looks like switch  sales are not slowing down so yea i was wrong on that I always said spider and mario wonder would be 50/50 race  my big argument was  mario wonder aint doing no 30-35 million. 

Don't downplay what you said. You've been consistently arguing that spiderman 2 would outsell wonder for months. Your first comment here was saying that spiderman 2 would easily outsell Wonder due to it having more youtube views, Don't try and rewrite history to make yourself look less wrong. My prediction was also completely wrong, I thought wonder would sell close to 20 million in its opening quarter. You were wrong that's fine, own it and learn from it. To be fair to you, your attitude has improved a lot recently and you're not coming across as badly as you used to. I hope that you continue improving on this site, because at the very least you are good at getting discussions going.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
CGI-Quality said:

Walmart Bundle 1

Walmart Bundle 2

During the holiday - which was advertised here

Black Friday deal here

There's a stark difference between retailer bundles and official bundles. Official bundles contributed to the earnings results of those companies, and for Sony, it was noted to have an impact on the low OI in the last quarter. Nintendo also stated the number of official bundles they were selling in FY reports. 

FY20: 3.40M 
FY21: 3.80M
FY22: 1.50M 

It's strange to see so many people dismiss the official bundles as a significant force in moving hardware and software. 

It wasn’t dismissed. You just have a habit of making it a main talking point in one direction, particularly as a means of downplay and it creates problems for healthy discussion.

Others discuss bundles as inclusive which is really what they are. Of course they help game sales, but when something sells upwards of 20 million, and it isn’t a pack-in title (available with every sale of a console), then it is clear that the game has its own sell power. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 February 2024

pikashoe said:
zeldaring said:

The main argument for me was that mario wonder would not hit 30 million and it's looking that way. As for the spider man 2 beating  wonder it's not gonna happen because ps5 undersold big time and it looks like switch  sales are not slowing down so yea i was wrong on that I always said spider and mario wonder would be 50/50 race  my big argument was  mario wonder aint doing no 30-35 million. 

Don't downplay what you said. You've been consistently arguing that spiderman 2 would outsell wonder for months. Your first comment here was saying that spiderman 2 would easily outsell Wonder due to it having more youtube views, Don't try and rewrite history to make yourself look less wrong. My prediction was also completely wrong, I thought wonder would sell close to 20 million in its opening quarter. You were wrong that's fine, own it and learn from it. To be fair to you, your attitude has improved a lot recently and you're not coming across as badly as you used to. I hope that you continue improving on this site, because at the very least you are good at getting discussions going.

I was not  really arguing that. If you look at how the thread got riled up. I said it would be a close battle and the argument started that it won't be with posters saying mario wonder is gonna 35 million and I  said its not happen because switch is at the end of the cycle and already had too many mario platformers, then i had a investigation opened up on me with me having to explain my thoughts on a prediction  which was ridiculous.  

zeldaring said:
pikashoe said:

I was not  really arguing that. If you look at how the thread got riled up. I said it would be a close battle and the argument started that it won't be with posters saying mario wonder is gonna 35 million and I  said its not happen because switch is at the end of the cycle and already had too many mario platformers, then i had a investigation opened up on me with me having to explain my thoughts on a prediction  which was ridiculous.  

Ok maybe I was wrong about you improving. You were very strongly arguing that spiderman 2 was going to easily outsell mario wonder, you clearly say that from your very first comment in the thread and were still saying it up until before nintendo and sony's quarterly reports. Some of the people arguing with you (including myself) didn't even predict the game would sell over 30-35million. 

Around the Network

Zeldaring is also leaving out his actual prediction for Wonder. Crazy how he can mention others prediction of 30 million but has refused to mention his own, I wonder why?

Chrkeller said:
zorg1000 said:

zeldaring said:

I'll wait after the holidays then but i want my apologies after that. like i told you guys no way this will do near TOTK numbers and now the numbers back this up. I will wait for the after the holidays to come back to this thread, cause you guys will never admit you were wrong till the fat lady sings.

zeldaring said:

are you gonna apologize when i'm right? I guess you were the casual lol. I want accountability for your bad prediction like you wanted accountability for mine.  

zeldaring said:

It will be. you gonna have to put some respect on my name.

zeldaring said:

Wow Nice. if anyone wants an expertise opinion on predictions PM me.

Well, is it time for us to apologize yet?

He admitted he was wrong pages ago.  He has no problem admitting a wrong, which not everyone can say.  I give him credit.  

Sorry, but these kinds of posts do not warrant credit of any kind.  We've all been wrong before and there's nothing wrong with that.  But there's a big difference between an erroneous prediction and the condescending, self-congratulatory attitude we see here.

archbrix said:
Chrkeller said:

He admitted he was wrong pages ago.  He has no problem admitting a wrong, which not everyone can say.  I give him credit.  

Sorry, but these kinds of posts do not warrant credit of any kind.  We've all been wrong before and there's nothing wrong with that.  But there's a big difference between an erroneous prediction and the condescending, self-congratulatory attitude we see here.

Indeed, he called the race multiple times before the holiday quarter was over. In such a case it isn't sufficient to admit being wrong on the initial call, but on all subsequent ones too. Not to mention that he has conveniently left out some facts such as his own lifetime sales prediction when pointing out others'.

And in his most recent post he complains about having to explain his predictions. I mean, that is the fundamental purpose of a forum, that predictions are being discussed.

I can't say I am surprised though. Backpedaling on backpedaling is the quickrick style. He'll admit that he was wrong when all is lost, only to then turn around and start all over again, even if all of this happens in one and the same thread.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I didn't realize sales predictions were such a serious business.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I didn't realize sales predictions were such a serious business.

Yet you are here defending him? I get it though, you stuck your nose in trying to defend your fellow troll just to take the brunt of the hit for him. He could focus on his own prediction, instead of trying to call out all others for being wrong. He could allow them to do the same as himself, admitting they were wrong.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 February 2024