By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Clash of the October 20th titans: Which will sell more, Mario Wonder or Spiderman 2?

Which will sell more?

Super Mario Bros Wonder 125 84.46%

Spiderman 2 23 15.54%

Total:148
Zippy6 said:

Sell-through of Mario Wonder at 10.7m, I expect sell-through of Spiderman 2 is around 8-9m. LTD I still couldn't call it one way or the other. 20m+ for both.

Though I've just seen the OP says PS5 only SM2, so I would lean towards Wonder in that case.

sell through for spider man was 6.1 million 11/12/2024. i expect at least 10 million sell through.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Zippy6 said:

Sell-through of Mario Wonder at 10.7m, I expect sell-through of Spiderman 2 is around 8-9m. LTD I still couldn't call it one way or the other. 20m+ for both.

Though I've just seen the OP says PS5 only SM2, so I would lean towards Wonder in that case.

sell through for spider man was 6.1 million 11/12/2024. i expect at least 10 million sell through.

I am talking about 31st December 2023 here for 8-9m, or did you know that and think SM2 sold at least 3.9m for the last 3 weeks of December?

Zippy6 said:
zeldaring said:

I am talking about 31st December 2023 here for 8-9m, or did you know that and think SM2 sold at least 3.9m for the last 3 weeks of December?

No i thought you were saying you only expect total sales to 8/9m for SM2 when sony ER comes out.

At the end, the best game wins commercially and critically, even without a free game bundle with every PS5 system (Still available).

LGBTDBZBBQ said:

At the end, the best game wins commercially and critically, even without a free game bundle with every PS5 system (Still available).

The two games are great and the two are selling well

Just stop it.

Around the Network

Finally we got the numbers. It's the fastest selling 2D Mario game proving wrong to certain peeps who after the initial sales thought this debate was over.

Big holiday sales here and from the look of most current charts, the game is still doing good numbers with a high staying number post holiday.

I don't know what the bundled sales for SpiderMan 2 will equate for but we've got a good competition going just like I thought from my initial prediction.

Also let this be a lesson for people who initially were swayed by the Switch effect, since it didn't effect much on the usual 2D Mario sales trend.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

RedKingXIII said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

The two games are great and the two are selling well

Just stop it.

And well selling more doesn't prove a game is better than the ones who sell less. At least I wouldn't claim that Fifa selling 20M is 20x better than Yakuza 8 that sold 1M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks like mario wonder won. Spider sell through is only at 10 million and switch didn't slow down like I expected for the holidays so I guess my prediction now is 22-24 million for wonder and 22 million for spiderman. Like I said it was a 50/50 for me but people just keep on buying the switch. Spiderman also kind underperformed imo like I thought it would do much better then ragnarok Considering ps5 crazy goals for sales and it came out near the holidays with bundles.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 14 February 2024

Looks like it was the tortoise and the hare; Spiderman had a bigger opening, but Mario had better legs.

I kinda expected more from Spiderman with how aggressively it was bundled.

curl-6 said:

Looks like it was the tortoise and the hare; Spiderman had a bigger opening, but Mario had better legs.

I kinda expected more from Spiderman with how aggressively it was bundled.

Biggest factor imo was switch did much better then expected with out even a damn discount in its 7th year and ps5 way under performed.