By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1992, Game of the Year (Runoff)

1992, Game of the Year (Runoff)

Mortal Kombat 5 12.50%

Sonic 2 13 32.50%

Super Mario Kart 8 20.00%

Wolfenstein 3D 9 22.50%

RC Pro-Am II 1 2.50%

Alone in the Dark 0 0%

Contra 3 1 2.50%

Super Mario Land 2 1 2.50%

Streets of Rage 2 1 2.50%

Looney Tunes 1 2.50%

Total:40
Dreamcaster999 said:

Shaping up to be a very good Sonic 2sday ;) with Sonic 2 now tying Mario Kart for 1st! But it's a 3 way tie with "Other" also on 14 votes.

To be clear, in order for there to be a run-off , "Other" would need to finish in 1st or 2nd with 1st place (if it is not "other") having less than 50% of the votes?

Also, if Sonic 2 or Mario Kart were to slip into 3rd would they still be included in the run-off?

Yeah, if "Other" is at least 2nd place and no other game has at least 50% of the vote then I do a runoff.  I tend to keep the games from the original poll that have at least 10% of the vote and then include the new ones from the comments.  Although I am willing to modify this process if I have trouble fitting 10 or fewer games into the runoff.

EDIT: Also if Mario Kart and Sonic 2 end up tied with "Other" in third place, then I will do a runoff vote with just the top 2 games.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 03 October 2023

Around the Network

Wolfenstein 3D. Get Psyched!

Dune 1 (not 2!) is a close second - and the first game I ever finished! I just love the blend of adventure, exploration, politics, economics and warfare of this game

Third spot goes to Might & Magic: Clouds of Xeen. If I hadn't forgotten that Might & Magic III: Isles of Terra had come out in 1991 already, it would have gotten my vote back then

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 04 October 2023

Not Mario Kart pulling a lead again :(

Hoping for a run-off now

Soul Blazer and EVO: The Search for Eden were also this year. Both games by ENIX.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There are enough "Other" votes for a runoff. Please give me a few minutes while I reset the poll.

Around the Network

Ok the poll has been updated with 7 games from the comments. This runoff vote will be decided in less than 24 hours, on Thursday Oct 5 at 11:59 PM EST.

Come on, Sonic 2 fans! Now is the time to stand up and be counted!

Let's win this together like Sonic and Tails :)

Wolfenstein 3D again in the runoff.

S.Peelman said:

Wolfenstein 3D again in the runoff.

Same, Wolf3D taking an early lead.

Sadly no big personal favorite in runoff, so I'm also giving it to W3D as only one I've seriously played of these and as beginning of FPS.