By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone played Bomb Rush Cyberfunk on Switch?

How does it run on Switch and is it fun?

I really loved Jet Set Radio Future (played it on OG Xbox) and I just want to know how this hold up to Jetset Radio and Jetset Radio Future. 

Around the Network

I can't answer the first question, given I'm playing on PC. But the game is fun. It is basically Jet Set Radio. Seems smaller than Radio Future and more basic in level design. Music isn't quite as good. Don't get me wrong it is a good game. As a Jet fan I'm enjoying it but I'm not blown away.

I would suspect it runs fine on the switch. My 3050 runs it at native 4k, ultra settings locked at 60 fps. So it isn't a demanding game.

Edit

Graffiti is well done, the system is quite fun.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 24 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

I can't answer the first question, given I'm playing on PC. But the game is fun. It is basically Jet Set Radio. Seems smaller than Radio Future and more basic in level design. Music isn't quite as good. Don't get me wrong it is a good game. As a Jet fan I'm enjoying it but I'm not blown away.

I would suspect it runs fine on the switch. My 3050 runs it at native 4k, ultra settings locked at 60 fps. So it isn't a demanding game.

Edit

Hard to be blown away by something that plays to the nostalgia of a game I played 20 years ago :) 

But I'll give it a spin in time on the Switch (I've still not finished TotK :P )

Spindel said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

Hard to be blown away by something that plays to the nostalgia of a game I played 20 years ago :) 

But I'll give it a spin in time on the Switch (I've still not finished TotK :P )

Absolutely.  It is Jet Set through and through.  With is cool since sega let the series die.  If you like jet you will like bomb.  It is spot on for what it is.  

Enjoy.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

How does it compare control-wise? I love everything about JSR except the controls, and no JSR apologist will ever convince me they were good all along and you just have to get used to it. I know that BRC allows you to actually run around on foot, so that's already a huge improvement, but the biggest thing keeping me on the fence is wondering if things like collision detection and button responsiveness is vastly improved, or if the devs were going for the exact feel of the games that inspired them.

If it's the latter, then that's a huge turnoff.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:

How does it compare control-wise? I love everything about JSR except the controls, and no JSR apologist will ever convince me they were good all along and you just have to get used to it. I know that BRC allows you to actually run around on foot, so that's already a huge improvement, but the biggest thing keeping me on the fence is wondering if things like collision detection and button responsiveness is vastly improved, or if the devs were going for the exact feel of the games that inspired them.

If it's the latter, then that's a huge turnoff.

Seems fine to me.  It isn't as clunky as JSR, but not as fluid as new modern games.  The hit detection with fights isn't great but not bad.  It controls nicely.  Better than JSR which was tank like.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Not sure who is paying attention to this thread but for what it is worth, cyber is pretty wicked. The most I play the more I'm impressed.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED