By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer: "Nintendo future exists off their own hardware"

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

And what you're talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

There is clearly a place on the market for Nintendo hardware. Their successes far outnumber their misses. Their future is no more "off their own hardware" than Playstation or Xbox.

I was explaining to you why Nintendo chose to take risks because their home consoles were flopping. Even with the switch there wasn't really any real risk they chose to focus on their handhelds which never flopped and they made the ultimate handheld device.

No, you were as usual trying to twist the facts to support your agenda of downplaying anything to do with Nintendo. It's tired and it's boring.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I was explaining to you why Nintendo chose to take risks because their home consoles were flopping. Even with the switch there wasn't really any real risk they chose to focus on their handhelds which never flopped and they made the ultimate handheld device.

No, you were as usual trying to twist the facts to support your agenda of downplaying anything to do with Nintendo. It's tired and it's boring.

Lmao I'm not twisting anything just stating facts. You think if GC did 80 million we wouldn't see a continuation of a traditional powerful home console from Nintendo? I'm sure they just gonna dump what's working and take unnecessary risk.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Lmao I'm not twisting anything just stating facts. You think if GC did 80 million we wouldn't see a continuation of a traditional powerful home console from Nintendo? 

That's irrelevant to whether there is a future for Nintendo hardware. Clearly, there is.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Lmao I'm not twisting anything just stating facts. You think if GC did 80 million we wouldn't see a continuation of a traditional powerful home console from Nintendo? 

That's irrelevant to whether there is a future for Nintendo hardware. Clearly, there is.

I agree. I was just explaining why they took those risks and not downplaying anything.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

I agree. I was just explaining why they took those risks and not downplaying anything.

They take risks or push in new directions regardless of whether they succeed or fail; their successful systems were often followed up with bold new directions or innovative features.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

They take risks or push in new directions regardless of whether they succeed or fail; their successful systems were often followed up with bold new directions or innovative features.

Super Nintendo was just the continuation of the nes. and gamcube samething both were just traditional home consoles. They really changed the idea of traditional console after the GameCube which was a massive flop.  I suspect switch 2 will be a continuation of Switch of course it will be refined and add some new console features but all consoles do that, no company  is taking a bold new direction when something is working.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Super Nintendo was just the continuation of the nes. and gamcube samething both were just traditional home consoles. They really changed the idea of traditional console after the GameCube which was a massive flop.  I suspect switch 2 will be a continuation of Switch of course it will be refined and add some new console features but all consoles do that, no company  is taking a bold new direction when something is working.

Their followups to successes had their own innovations; the SNES controller had the shoulder buttons and pushed into early 3D with Mode 7 and the FX chip, the N64 was built around the analog stick, DS introduced dual screens, 3DS was built around autostereoscopic 3D.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Their followups to successes had their own innovations; the SNES controller had the shoulder buttons and pushed into early 3D with Mode 7 and the FX chip, the N64 was built around the analog stick, DS introduced dual screens, 3DS was built around autostereoscopic 3D.

But most consoles coming out have cool innovative features. Dual analogs, and duel sense. Emotion engine, 360 controller triggers, I'm sure there is more but that just continuation with innovative featured not some bold new direction

The PS2 was the first console to feature USB ports, which can be used to attach peripherals like the aforementioned Eye Toy, Taiko drum controllers, microphones for games like Rock Band, and more.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

But most consoles coming out have cool innovative features. Dual analogs, and duel sense. Emotion engine, 360 controller triggers, I'm sure there is more but that just continuation with innovative featured not some bold new direction

The PS2 was the first console to feature USB ports, which can be used to attach peripherals like the aforementioned Eye Toy, Taiko drum controllers, microphones for games like Rock Band, and more.

Literally nobody said that Nintendo is the only one who ever innovates.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Literally nobody said that Nintendo is the only one who ever innovates.

Lol how am I moving goal posts when that's what you're doing. My only point is you said Nintendo takes risks and I explained why they did. Then you changed the subject about innovation.

Anyway where is the DF thread aren't you fascinated by how games run on ancient hardware for some reason lol.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 25 September 2023