By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone buying Mortal kombat 1 on switch?

GoOnKid said:

The thing is. I know that there are frame drops. No debate. But let's be real for a second: those frame drops probably will never be realized during gameplay by 99% of the players. Surely the 1% ultra competitive pro gamers might notice, okay. Are you in that 1%?

This reminds me of that time back when Mario Kart 8 came to the Wii U and some 'Journalist' tried to push the notion that it only ran on 59 fps and that was a bad thing.

And yes, the price is heavy. 70€ is not what I'm going to spend on this, if at all. I have MK11 on Switch and bought the Deluxe Edition when it was on sale for 30€. I guess that is what I'm going to do in this case as well. I'm in no hurry at all.

Agreed. I was watching the framerate video above and was trying to notice any difference when it dropped from 60fps down to 30fps for a couple seconds at a time and it all just looked fluid. If there is input lag as someone suggested that's a separate thing. But I don't see what the people on this thread are bashing about haha. Maybe its possible to notice a difference when playing the game but just watching it nothing is noticeably bad. I saw zero issues in those videos. Are we at the point where we bash things just because they don't have the exact same graphics as the latest console? Oh wait I forgot, people have been doing that since the moment the Switch came out lol

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
GoOnKid said:

The thing is. I know that there are frame drops. No debate. But let's be real for a second: those frame drops probably will never be realized during gameplay by 99% of the players. Surely the 1% ultra competitive pro gamers might notice, okay. Are you in that 1%?

This reminds me of that time back when Mario Kart 8 came to the Wii U and some 'Journalist' tried to push the notion that it only ran on 59 fps and that was a bad thing.

And yes, the price is heavy. 70€ is not what I'm going to spend on this, if at all. I have MK11 on Switch and bought the Deluxe Edition when it was on sale for 30€. I guess that is what I'm going to do in this case as well. I'm in no hurry at all.

Agreed. I was watching the framerate video above and was trying to notice any difference when it dropped from 60fps down to 30fps for a couple seconds at a time and it all just looked fluid. If there is input lag as someone suggested that's a separate thing. But I don't see what the people on this thread are bashing about haha. Maybe its possible to notice a difference when playing the game but just watching it nothing is noticeably bad. I saw zero issues in those videos. Are we at the point where we bash things just because they don't have the exact same graphics as the latest console? Oh wait I forgot, people have been doing that since the moment the Switch came out lol

The Switch version has a lot of frame issues that impact the gameplay heavily, input lag the biggest issue.

If you don’t think that’s big of an issue on a fighting game, I dunno what else to tell you. 

This wouldn't have been an issue if the Switch had a variable-refresh-rate display, you wouldn't notice the frame drops.

Visuals are to be expected, it's a port of a next-gen game, so it's a game of cutbacks to fit it on mobile hardware... Still looks better than any of the exclusive Pokemon titles released on Switch.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I want to buy this when it's less than $10 as a novelty that I can laugh at.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 24 September 2023

Pemalite said:

This wouldn't have been an issue if the Switch had a variable-refresh-rate display, you wouldn't notice the frame drops.

Visuals are to be expected, it's a port of a next-gen game, so it's a game of cutbacks to fit it on mobile hardware... Still looks better than any of the exclusive Pokemon titles released on Switch.

Just saw the DF comparison switch drop all the way to 20fps during gameplay VRR is not gonna stop that from being a crap show. This is much worse then i expected.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 24 September 2023

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

Just saw the DF comparison switch drop all the way to 20fps during gameplay VRR is not gonna stop that from being a crap show. This is much worse then i expected.

VRR would make a big difference.

Pemalite said:
zeldaring said:

come on now VRR is not gonna make a fighting game dipping 30fps to 40fps a good experience. 

zeldaring said:
Pemalite said:

come on now VRR is not gonna make a fighting game dipping 30fps to 40fps a good experience. 

It would still make a big difference.

I use it.

It seems that the original screenshots were cherry picked texture loading issues or they have been patched already

IGN original reporting

Now with textures

numberwang said:

It seems that the original screenshots were cherry picked texture loading issues or they have been patched already

IGN original reporting

Now with textures

Looks the same lol