By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct set for September 14 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET

KLXVER said:
Mar1217 said:

I mean I wouldn't insult the Mario vs DK franchise since on the direction they could go with it. 

Doing something similar to the one on Gameboy would actually be quite sick. 

The more puzzle oriented games on GBA,DS,3DS ... less so

Its a filler title. It will be like the ones on GBA, DS and 3DS. The mini Marios will be in it.

Welp we'll be the judges of that once we actually see if the game is even there.

Nothing confirmed as far as we go *shrugs*

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

ooh nice I'm sure some of it will just be updates on games we already know about but hopefully they've got a few cool games to announce. I'd be happy with any of the following: Prime 2 remaster, a new DK (non-Country) game, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Z:WW or WW/TP double pack.

Nice, I keep expecting they'll skip one, but seems they've still got a bunch of games left.
I feel like we could get a teaser for Prime 4 now as a close-out unless they're saving it for when they announce the next system (it'll probably be cross-gen I imagine).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Ah. And on a day when I have no classes. :)

Nintendo I think is in a transition period between Switch and whatever comes next, so I'm not expecting any major things. They are likely not going to do many sequels for bigger franchises cause they want to save those. But that's not a bad thing, because it tends to be the time where we get some offbeat titles.

I think the major titles we know about are Wonder, Mario RPG, Peach, and I guess Wario. Still a few gaps. Not expecting any major titles. They're going to probably save those for Switch 2. But that's ok. This is the time where Nintendo's B franchises tend to get a bit more love and some quirkier stuff gets done.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Nice, I keep expecting they'll skip one, but seems they've still got a bunch of games left.
I feel like we could get a teaser for Prime 4 now as a close-out unless they're saving it for when they announce the next system (it'll probably be cross-gen I imagine).

After over 4 and a half years since development was rebooted, it'd be good timing to at least tease Prime 4 with a general 2024 or 2025 release window. 

Around the Network

Come on Star Fox and or F-Zero

我是广州人

I'm not expecting too much in this direct, an update on all games we already know about, Mario Kart 8's last dlc course updates, a bunch of third party games, and hopefully at least one bigger announcement. F Zero, or Donkey Kong would suffice.

Alright, time to keep our expectations in check people. This is only for the winter, so from now until around March.

Here is what I'm expecting:
FZero GX2
Star Fox One (a reboot of Star Fox)
Mother 3 Remake
A new 3D Mario
A brand new 2D Donkey Kong
A new IP from Monolith Soft
Metroid Prime 4 announcement.

There, seems like reasonable expectations to me.

I hope the rumored Mario vs Donkey Kong is actually a big step up in scope from previous titles. The entries on GB, GBA & DS were actually pretty decent releases then on 3DS/Wii U it became eShop filler, a game on the scale of Captain Toad could be pretty cool.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

A 40 minute Nintendo Direct is a very good sign, especially since we've already gotten a Mario Wonder Direct. Should be a good amount of content.

Of course, if you want the Switch to be replaced soon, then this is actually a bad sign....