By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

I am never buying an Apple Product again. Even tho I detest the idea of digital consoles. I'd take a Sony/MS digital console even if 20X less powerful than Apple whatever. Apple is a shit company with a shitty ecosystem and a worse fanbase. When you charge $80 for a laptop charger is just one example with that horrid company. When I lost my PC charger I went to Best Buy and got a generic replacement for $15. Apple gives less fucks about preservation than Sony or MS these days. Plus that Apple Phone costs way way way more. I rather have a dedicated console and do something well. IDGAF about my phone. I bought a cheap one because what does an expensive phone do I can't with my cheap one? I can still take a picture. I don't need 40K pixels and 9000s lenses. I text and make some calls. I used my game console to play games. They are made for that and I like playing on my TV.

Last edited by Leynos - on 12 September 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I believe the iPhone/iPad are getting these games because they're being ported to the new Switch, not the other way around!

More companies pushing for more native games running on ARM is good a good thing regardless, but I highly doubt Apple managed to convinced Ubisoft to release Mirage on iOS for 70 dollars unless porting the game was already in the works (for the new Switch).

Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

LOL you can literally play all those mentioned on ps4 and guess what home consoles are still selling great so there goes that argument. 

Because the consumer right now figures they need to buy a new console every 5-7 years to keep playing the latest and greatest FIFA, COD, whatever. Just like people bought Blu-Rays after DVDs just fine ... but then Netflix happened and then what? 

People realized "well actually ... I don't need DVD or Blu-Ray do I?". 

And look at what's happened to disc based media (superior to streaming in quality) since then. DVD/Blu-Ray players, much more popular than any game console went the way of the dinosaur. Now I don't think it's that simple for game consoles, but it could be a relatable example. 

Once consumers realize they don't need you, then the spending behavior can shift more rapidly than people think. 

Thats a dumb comparison dvd's or blue rays don't have a fan base and make things people actually love lol. look at iphone do people need a iphone's every year they it sells gang busters every year. if you love gaming home consoles are still gonna give you the best hardware at the best price. besides people need the phones to many tasks and you're gonna kill it much faster by gaming on it replace your consoles is just stupid.

If Apple is taking gaming seriously now, I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening within the next few years. 

All these games are designed to run on the PS4 so this is nothing crazy but it will be interesting to see how much this expands in the coming years.

Around the Network
RedKingXIII said:
gtotheunit91 said:

RIP Nintendo from the rumors, it sounds like Switch 2 will be an incredibly powerful handheld that would make gamers actually want to buy AAA third-party games on the system, only for Apple to come out and do it before them. If Apple is able to get a steady stream of AAA games, I wonder if they'll start their marketing for iPhone as "the only gaming handheld you'll need" or something like that.

Doesn't affect me at all since I always buy Nintendo systems just for Nintendo games, but I bet Nintendo isn't digging this announcement at all.

What Apple does need to add though is external storage solutions. Cheapest iPhone 15 Pro is $1000 and only 128GB. You're not gonna be installing many games with storage like that on your everyday device lol.

Huh? Nintendo is going to be fine, they have their IPs that the iPhones can't play. It's true some of their home consoles failed but that never happened with any of their handhelds, so if the Switch successor is a portable console they're going to be OK.

Oh yeah, I was just joking about the whole "RIP" part lol. I have no doubt Nintendo is going to be fine, otherwise the Wii U would've made them go third-party. Not to mention Nintendo is transitioning from video game company to full entertainment company with the theme parks and films and who knows what else. 

gtotheunit91 said:

If Apple is taking gaming seriously now, I wouldn't be surprised if this starts happening within the next few years. 

I think they would buy Disney before a game company, but who knows. 

They don't really need exclusive games as much, if they can start getting all the 3rd party content ... and you can play that at home on your iPad/Mac/Apple TV and then also play the same game on your iPhone on the go ... that's gonna become a problem for the Playstation potentially. 

Most people buy Playstations for their FIFA, COD, Madden, etc. fix, not because of Uncharted or God of War. 

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Because the consumer right now figures they need to buy a new console every 5-7 years to keep playing the latest and greatest FIFA, COD, whatever. Just like people bought Blu-Rays after DVDs just fine ... but then Netflix happened and then what? 

People realized "well actually ... I don't need DVD or Blu-Ray do I?". 

And look at what's happened to disc based media (superior to streaming in quality) since then. DVD/Blu-Ray players, much more popular than any game console went the way of the dinosaur. Now I don't think it's that simple for game consoles, but it could be a relatable example. 

Once consumers realize they don't need you, then the spending behavior can shift more rapidly than people think. 

Thats a dumb comparison dvd's or blue rays don't have a fan base and make things people actually love lol. look at iphone do people need a iphone's every year they it sells gang busters every year. if you love gaming home consoles are still gonna give you the best hardware at the best price. besides people need the phones to many tasks and you're gonna kill it much faster by gaming on it replace your consoles is just stupid.

When you buy these games though it's not like you're just buying an "iPhone version". 

That game probably will run on say ... an Apple TV. An iPad. Even an Apple Vision Pro VR headset. 

So why buy a Playstation version that's just ... stuck on the Playstation, when the Apple version lets play the game at home at high fidelity (M-series chips are no joke, wait till the better ones get into more iPads and Apple TV devices) and then also have the same game in your pocket to play right where you left off for a 20-30 minutes on your bus ride to work. 

Now that's interesting I think. An M2 Max is a PS5 tier chip already, if people want to split hairs on that, then M3 Max will certainly be and then some. 

And yes, Apple has convinced people that they need to get the new iPhone every year ... which is dangerous. It means people are continually getting a more and more powerful device in their phone every year and doing so gladly. The performance of their game ecosystem in that case will jump every year. Every year more and more games will become playable on the thing because the SoC is getting better and better. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 12 September 2023

Soundwave said:
gtotheunit91 said:

They don't really need exclusive games as much, if they can start getting all the 3rd party content ... and you can play that at home on your iPad/Mac/Apple TV and then also play the same game on your iPhone on the go ... that's gonna become a problem for the Playstation potentially. 

Most people buy Playstations for their FIFA, COD, Madden, etc. fix, not because of Uncharted or God of War. 

Even a Disney purchase comes with the prospects of Apple owning licenses that are very tied to gaming like Marvel and Star Wars properties. Those by themselves would be pretty big for Apple's gaming ambitions. 

gtotheunit91 said:
Soundwave said:

Even a Disney purchase comes with the prospects of Apple owning licenses that are very tied to gaming like Marvel and Star Wars properties. Those by themselves would be pretty big for Apple's gaming ambitions. 

Yeah true. That would be bonkers. They totally should do it. Disney would be a huge content get for them, Apple streaming services, and sure yeah exclusive Star Wars, Disney, Marvel games? Exclusive VR experiences on those IP for Vision Pro? All that would be huge.