By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

Kristof81 said:

Considering that there are almost as many smartphones as people on this planet [6.8 billion] that's still disappointing. Not to mention that 90% of that revenue is from microtransaction and that's not going to change. 

Disappointing? No.

Not everyone who buys a PC uses it for gaming.
Not everyone who buys a tablet uses it for gaming.
Not everyone who buys a phone uses it for gaming.

Heck, not everyone buys a console uses it for gaming. - I know people who bought one as a DVD (PS2 era) or Blu-Ray player... Now they are great streaming boxes.

But my point is, mobile is bigger than console and PC and it doesn't matter.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

These things starting price is several hundred dollars more expensive than PS5 or SX, so it boasting more powerful hardware than some other portable devices is justified.
But it'll be interesting to see how many big titles it'll get, and if it'll apply to current gen games as well.

Last edited by Hiku - on 19 September 2023

Pemalite said:

Facts:

* iOS and Android is -the- largest gaming markets, larger than Playstation, Xbox and Switch... Combined.

* Mobile revenues started over taking console revenues as far back as 2015.
https://fortune.com/2015/01/15/mobile-console-game-revenues-2015/

* Consoles are alive and well and not being replaced, they will survive together with pc and mobile.

Meh most of that is pay to win trash microtransactions. Revenue is more significant because of gullible idiots but not a more popular platform in recognition of gaming. Consoles are still the focal point for games with actual budgets.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Kinda reminds me of the N-Gage. Nokia was the biggest cellphone manufacturer at the time. When they announced the N-Gage, which could play Tomb Raider and Tony Hawk in a time where Nintendo only offered SNES-like experiences on the GBA, people were already yelling about the end of Nintendos handeld dominance and whatnot. But we all know the thing flopped. Later Nokia switched and instead of focusing on one device, they brought N-Gage as a platform for all their S60 devices. Devices that outsold consoles and handelds quite comfortably. But nobody cared. The simple truth is that people just don't want to play the big hitters from consoles or PC on their phone.

I mean, I had a blast with Tomb Raider and Tony Hawk on my N-Gage. But I didn't ever encounter somebody else who was thrilled about that. Other people just played Snake on their phones or Solitaire or whatever. Nowadays we all carry around a little powerhouse in our pockets. But most of the time I see people playing Candy Crush or something. I don't see that changin, especially not on a phone that costs north of a thousand bucks.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that we have this kind of performance on a phone. But it won't change too much in the gaming world if you ask me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mobile gaming is a huge market. But I'm not sure the candy crush types are dying to play RE.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Meh most of that is pay to win trash microtransactions. Revenue is more significant because of gullible idiots but not a more popular platform in recognition of gaming. Consoles are still the focal point for games with actual budgets.

Still a larger market.

PC is larger than any single console platform as well.

But it doesn't matter.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Hiku said:

These things starting price is several hundred dollars more expensive than PS5 or SX, so it boasting more powerful hardware than some other portable devices is justified.
But it'll be interesting to see how many big titles it'll get, and if it'll apply to current gen games as well.

It costs even more than that. The games announced only work on the Pro and Pro Max models. The Pro model starts at $1000 (for 128GB) and goes all up to $1500 for 1TB. 

RedKingXIII said:
Hiku said:

It costs even more than that. The games announced only work on the Pro and Pro Max models. The Pro model starts at $1000 (for 128GB) and goes all up to $1500 for 1TB. 

I'm just not a phone guy.  $1000 is high for my tastes.  And 128gb will hold two games.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
RedKingXIII said:

I'm just not a phone guy.  $1000 is high for my tastes.  And 128gb will hold two games.  

yup im not paying more then 500$ for a phone.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

yup im not paying more then 500$ for a phone.

Honestly I'm really happy with my Samsung A52s 5G and nowadays a lot of people in my country are buying Samsung A54, phones that cost no more than €400. I never understood paying over twice as much for iPhones.

6 GB of VRAM, fast CPU, 120 Hz display, 5G, can play Rocket League Swipeside at 60 fps with no drops, great camera, NFC all that I need.