By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So I played switch for the first time this past week

So I am kinda lttp but whatever.... Played switch for the first time this past week and here are my thoughts....

The pro controller is really nice, feels solid/sturdy, totally different feel from the actual Switch controllers which surprised me a lot.  The sticks are great and a lot better than what I thought they would be when looking at the pictures online.

I played the following games.

Mario Kart 8 - This is my favorite game, very very colorful and just outright fun, the tracks are really great, battle mode is a blast with friends

1 + 2 Switch - This was the biggest surprise for me. I hate to say it, but I had zero desire to play this game, mainly becuase I have seen people on this board bash this game a lot, however.... it's really really really fun with friends, especially the Ninja mini game. This game really made my friends and I laugh a lot.

Super Mario Odessey - Another amazing game, which I pretty much expected, controls are very tight.

It Takes Two - This game.... where to begin, the design is great, however, when my friend and I got stuck on it she youtubed what to do next and I was shocked at how much better this game looked in the youtube video vs the switch version, haha, but I guess that's to be expected.

Super Mario Party - This game also surprised me in being a lot funner than I would have thought, I have only ever played one mario party game before and thought it was ok, this was better than what I expected, however I had more fun with 1+2 switch as did my friends.

Diablo 2 - It's diablo 2, but resurrected looks a lot better on PC

Resident Evil 7 - This game not only ran really smooth (im in Malaysia so our internet is really fast) but had fantastic graphics. Would recommend this to anyone who owns a switch.

Splatoon 3 - thought this game was a lot of fun and an interesting concept by having to graffiti everything to win.

The Switch is a fantastic system from what I have played so far, I only played it on the TV, even though my friend has the animal crossing switch version and the OLED Red and Blue Switch I never messed with it in portable mode so not sure how the screens compare, however it looks good on the TV from the games I played (with the exception of D2R and It Takes Two).

Really enjoyed it a lot.

Last edited by Ashadelo - on 12 September 2023

我是广州人

Around the Network

The Switch is my most favorite Nintendo system since the SNES.

Just love everything about it moreso than all the other previous systems.

The pro controller is amazing, its battery life is just crazy good compared to the Xbox and Playstation controllers specifically too.

I'm currently playing the following on my Switch...

-Super Smash Bros Ultimate
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Super Mario 3D All Stars

Recently finished Super Mario World (NSO), Pokemon Sword and Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters 1 and 2.

Gonna be playing FF Pixel Remasters for 3, 4, 5 and 6 after I finish my current playthrough of a 3DS game.

Also have Super Mario Bros Wonder and Super Mario RPG pre-ordered - so will be playing both of those during the holidays.

If you've ever liked Nintendo games, Switch is a must-buy.
Zelda games would probably be the games for you to get next, unless you have no interest.
I would've said you should've waited for the next system, but we don't know yet when for sure it will come out. We also don't know the price or the availability. Switch was easier to get from March 2017-March 2018 than Wii, PS5, and Xbox Series were in their first year. But that doesn't mean it was easy to get one. Anecdotally speaking, my local retailers would usually only get a single Switch at a time after the initial launch up until Super Mario Odyssey around Halloween.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

If you've ever liked Nintendo games, Switch is a must-buy.
Zelda games would probably be the games for you to get next, unless you have no interest.
I would've said you should've waited for the next system, but we don't know yet when for sure it will come out. We also don't know the price or the availability. Switch was easier to get from March 2017-March 2018 than Wii, PS5, and Xbox Series were in their first year. But that doesn't mean it was easy to get one. Anecdotally speaking, my local retailers would usually only get a single Switch at a time after the initial launch up until Super Mario Odyssey around Halloween.

My friend has Zelda, I just havent tried it yet because im playing Starfield on my pc. Plus.... Mario Kart is super addictive. But I plan on playing Zelda and trying Animal crossing later on. 

Also, I saw a bunch of final fantasy games, like bundle packs? I think I saw FF7-9 in one package? Also, the games here in Malaysia are really cheap, maybe around 200RM which is about $40ish USD for Zelda, Mario Kart, etc. Some of the other games are cheaper too. Most of them are from Japan, hahahaha.

我是广州人

I recommend Astral Chain if you're into action games and sci-fi.
Also there's a sequel to 1-2 Switch.

Splatoon 3 is great if you like online shooters. It's also very colorful and can be very challenging with short and fast paced matches. It's single player stuff is fun too.

Regarding Final Fantasy the Switch has all from 1 to 12: The Zodiac Age. Although the physical copies 1-6 Pixel Remasters are I think limited.

Around the Network

If you want to easily kill hundreds of hours, get BotW and TotK. TotK is still keeping me going 250 hours later, BotW took me 170 hours. And unlike other open world games, it's still fun since there are lots of ways to mix it up and tons of different things to do.

There’s some amazing games on the system. Should definitely check out Astral Chain and the Bayonetta trilogy if you like action games.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is spectacular (although very ugly) Engage is much prettier but no where near as good.

And then of course, highly recommend the Xenoblade trilogy. What a fantastic story all the way through. 2 is the weakest entry but it’s still excellent.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]