By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC: Switch 2 Was Shown At Gamescom Running Matrix Awakens UE5 Demo

Chrkeller said:

Oh you might want to check out another thread.  Soundwave thinks the switch 2 will run FFVII Remake like the ps5.  When I asked why nobody else is using the chipset other than Nintendo his answer was nVidia doesn't want to play with small players.  People believe it.

And isn't the entire thread based on the premise the switch 2 behind closed door had visuals that rivals the ps5 and series x?  

"The demo is said to have been running using Nvidia’s DLSS upscaling technology, with advanced ray tracing enabled and visuals comparable to Sony‘s and Microsoft’s current-gen consoles"

So how am I exaggerating when the entire thread is literally about matching the ps5 in visual fidelity?

you're conflating the word you're personally using, "rival," with the word that was actually used, "comparable." i don't think this article is claiming the insides of the switch 2 will match the ps5, more so that with the help of DLSS and some of the already basically confirmed leaks, it can look like ps5. 

i'm also sure that eurogamer and VGC didn't have time to pixel count or look at things in an incredibly detailed way. 

not to mention, the FFVII remake looks incredibly similar on the ps4 and ps5. looking at a screen demo would not reveal heavy differences even if you looked at those two in two separate rooms on two different days. it's splitting hairs at that point.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Kyuu said:

It'll hopefully be about as powerful as the PS4 Pro overall + RayTracing capable. That would be pretty badass for a handheld, notably more so than Switch 1 was by 2017 standards (and I never coisidered that "underpowered" either).

Expecting it to match Series S is too optimistic (even with DLSS taken into account), but beating the PS4 and SteamDeck was a given. Anything over 30% of PS4's power would be good enough to me, PS4Pro like capability would be amazing for an affordable handheld.

It's gonna be a lot more interesting than I think some people might believe. 

XBox Series S - 4 teraflops, no DLSS

Switch 2 - maybe like 1.25 teraflop undocked, 2.5 teraflop docked (?), but with DLSS 3.0+ (no frame generation, but super resolution scaling and ray tracing a go go) 

The Series S has more horsepower naturally, but the Switch 2 can still render even as low as 360p/540p docked and get a decent enough image out of it ... the XBox Series S at 1080p has to push a lot more pixels and gets no help on the ray tracing front. 

FS3 is coming to AMD GPU'S and DF said It's matching DLSS so far, so that huge advantage could be gone by the time switch 2 come out.

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

It's gonna be a lot more interesting than I think some people might believe. 

XBox Series S - 4 teraflops, no DLSS

Switch 2 - maybe like 1.25 teraflop undocked, 2.5 teraflop docked (?), but with DLSS 3.0+ (no frame generation, but super resolution scaling and ray tracing a go go) 

The Series S has more horsepower naturally, but the Switch 2 can still render even as low as 360p/540p docked and get a decent enough image out of it ... the XBox Series S at 1080p has to push a lot more pixels and gets no help on the ray tracing front. 

FS3 is coming to AMD GPU'S and DF said It's matching DLSS so far, so that huge advantage could be gone by the time switch 2 come out.

Very few titles on consoles still support FSR.
For some reason, I can only find FSR1 support games.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
zeldaring said:

FSR is currently garbage so it's no surprise. i'm reading on reading on resetera from some posters that DSLL and FS3 will cause input lag and not worth it, is that true?  

zeldaring said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

FSR is currently garbage so it's no surprise. i'm reading on reading on resetera from some posters that DSLL and FS3 will cause input lag and not worth it, is that true?  

I have found games that are FSR 2.0 supported, but much less so.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I have a very dated PC, and I could play Resident Evil VII and Resident Evil 2 Remake thanks to FSR. I got a very good performance with acceptable visuals.

I don't remember having input lag.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
zeldaring said:

GOW

Spider man and GOW also support it but FS3 is using supposed to rival DSLL stil too early but impressions seem positive. 

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
zeldaring said:

I have a very dated PC, and I could play Resident Evil VII and Resident Evil 2 Remake thanks to FSR. I got a very good performance with acceptable visuals.

I don't remember having input lag.

I'm not sure some people were saying both DSLL and FS3 are a waste of time, not sure since i don't have  a PC.

Soundwave said:
-Adonis- said:

It was all good until you use Doom as an example of a "good" port lol... I'm sorry textures and resolution are horrible. Why you ruined everything ?

That being said, I'm all for Final Fantasy VII Remake and FFXVI being ported on Switch 2. But Nintendo players, you better buy them if it comes. I want my favorite saga to have great sales. Same thing for Persona.

Which again is the whole point of DLSS. It will help resolve ports having to be laughably low res/muddy. 

If anything DLSS feels like a technology that Nvidia accidentally developed for a hybrid console just like the Switch, lol. 

Because really Nvidia doesn't want people saying "hey I can stick with my 2060 GPU and just use DLSS and not have to upgrade to a 40 series card" of course. 

The tech is like a godsend for the Switch. 

I do wonder what'll happen when this sort of technology gets good enough to where you can get image quality 90% as good as native 4k with a good frame rate on even middling GPU's. I'm not sure how Nvidia will get the average gamer to not hold on to their GPU for a very long time.