By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC: Switch 2 Was Shown At Gamescom Running Matrix Awakens UE5 Demo

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

(...)

Personally I am just excited to see what Nintendo games look like with the power of PS4 and DLSS.

Personally, and like usual with each new generation, I am most excited about how Kirby will look like in the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

(...)

Personally I am just excited to see what Nintendo games look like with the power of PS4 and DLSS.

Personally, and like usual with each new generation, I am most excited about how Kirby will look like in the new Super Smash Bros. game.

Ah yes, Ray Traced Kirby in all its glory.

I just hope they do Mario Kart 9 instead of releasing Mario Kart 8 Super Ultra Deluxe edition.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I just hope they do Mario Kart 9 instead of releasing Mario Kart 8 Super Ultra Deluxe edition.

I expect that it might get called Mario Kart Ultimate which wouldn't be so bad. Some refinement for the already great mechanics of Mario Kart 8, 16 new race tracks which has been the standard for a long time now and all 96 tracks of Mario Kart 8 right out of the box. DLC in six waves of eight tracks to bring the total to 160.

I think they've gone so far with Mario Kart 8 that they can't simply go back to making Mario Kart 9 and let it have only 16 new tracks plus 16 remastered ones.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I just have to see Xenoblade with roughly PS4 power

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I love people judging image quality off videos off youtube videos filled with artifacts LOL. everything looks like shit honestly when you play it on anything bigger then 40 inch 4k tv. i watch that video of cyber punk and it looked blurry as hell.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I expect that it might get called Mario Kart Ultimate which wouldn't be so bad. Some refinement for the already great mechanics of Mario Kart 8, 16 new race tracks which has been the standard for a long time now and all 96 tracks of Mario Kart 8 right out of the box. DLC in six waves of eight tracks to bring the total to 160.

I think they've gone so far with Mario Kart 8 that they can't simply go back to making Mario Kart 9 and let it have only 16 new tracks plus 16 remastered ones.

Yea that's true. I just hope they do backwards compatibility or let me port over my Mario Kart 8 purchases instead of rebuying the game. Granted it doesn't help that I bought Mario Kart 8 on the wiiU and again on the Switch and I'll likely buy it again on the Switch 2 if they don't do any backwards compatibility lol.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chrkeller said:

Well said.  I think this is spot on and very likely.  For a hybrid console around ps4 quality is going to be amazing, especially compared to where the switch currently sits.  

The only thing I would add is DLSS is a tool, not automatic.  So Nintendo is likely to do a great job with it.  But there will be a few lazy third party ports, meaning the max impact of DLSS will be a mixed bag.  

Either way I'm ready for an upgrade.  I love the switch and thought tears was the best game I've ever played.  But the age is showing.  Coming off RE Remake 4 in performance mode to my 2nd play of Sparks of Hope...  I'm ready.

Thanks. One thing that's simple to understand is that a Switch 2 might draw around 15-20 watts including the screen, speakers, wifi, all that jazz. While a Series S draws around 80 watts and it doesn't have a screen, speakers and such. So there is a big power difference in wattage alone that the Series S has access to.

And yea, we will have to see how Nintendo/Nvidia does their DLSS partnership. If DLSS is implemented, I am sure Nvidia will be handling the DLSS Ai Training while Nintendo will simply include it as part of their Api for developers and leave it up to them if they want to enable it in their game or not. I doubt Nintendo or developers will do any Ai training for DLSS themselves. Personally I am just excited to see what Nintendo games look like with the power of PS4 and DLSS.

The nice thing about DLSS 2.0+ is that unlike 1.0, it is a generalized model. You don't have to train the model on a per game basis (although for big releases Nvidia does retrain with the new game in the training set.)

Periodically Nvidia will likely just release one of their updated models (which sample a bunch of titles) to Nintendo. 

Possibly Nintendo could give them a series of demo frames of their games to add in the training set. 

sc94597 said:

Thanks. One thing that's simple to understand is that a Switch 2 might draw around 15-20 watts including the screen, speakers, wifi, all that jazz. While a Series S draws around 80 watts and it doesn't have a screen, speakers and such. So there is a big power difference in wattage alone that the Series S has access to.

And yea, we will have to see how Nintendo/Nvidia does their DLSS partnership. If DLSS is implemented, I am sure Nvidia will be handling the DLSS Ai Training while Nintendo will simply include it as part of their Api for developers and leave it up to them if they want to enable it in their game or not. I doubt Nintendo or developers will do any Ai training for DLSS themselves. Personally I am just excited to see what Nintendo games look like with the power of PS4 and DLSS.

The nice thing about DLSS 2.0+ is that unlike 1.0, it is a generalized model. You don't have to train the model on a per game basis (although for big releases Nvidia does retrain with the new game in the training set.)

Periodically Nvidia will likely just release one of their updated models (which sample a bunch of titles) to Nintendo. 

Possibly Nintendo could give them a series of demo frames of their games to add in the training set. 

Yea pretty much. It will be one hell of a secret sauce, that's for sure buy I won't get too excited until Nintendo or Jensen goes up on stage and says the Switch 2 comes with DLSS. But if it's implemented and we see results like this, it will be nuts:

Yea pretty much. It will be one hell of a secret sauce, that's for sure buy I won't get too excited until Nintendo or Jensen goes up on stage and says the Switch 2 comes with DLSS. But if it's implemented and we see results like this, it will be nuts:

It is bittersweet. DLSS is very impressive compared to FSR (and I think it is just the beginning of AI-assisted real-time 3d rendering; Nvidia's whitepapers on inference 3d rendering are way ahead what we see being implemented), but that is precisely why Nvidia is so uncompetitive in its business practices. That, ray tracing performance, and CUDA sell cards. 

They really did make the right decision ten years to put all of their money into Deep Learning being a big boon for their GPU business.

Intel and AMD are too far behind right now, but I hope they give some good competition in the medium-term future. 

sc94597 said:

This game is unoptimized mess. even a RTX 4060 ULTRA can't run at 1080 ultra settings at stable 60fps and you need DSLL to get acceptable framerates. if  developers are gonna skip optimization and just use dsll and fs3 then this is not good for gaming.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 09 September 2023