By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NFL 2023 Season Discussion Thread

Can anyone stop the Ravens?

Around the Network

Very cool to see that the Vikings lost. By a lot.

This makes this year's NFC finish very similar to last year. The Packers have a win-and-in scenario for week 18 while the Seahawks are hoping for the best. Once again the Packers are hosting a game versus an improving NFC North foe (the Bears are 7-5 since their 0-4 start), although this time the opponent is already eliminated from playoff contention. It's certainly doable for the Packers to get into the playoffs, but it's far from a given.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I hate to say it but I think my Chicago Bears might have a minor chance at the playoffs.

BiON!@ 

Cool to see that the Packers pulled it off. Not only that, but they also get to face the easiest opponent out of all the ones that were possible: The Dallas Cowboys.

Of course the current Cowboys are better and the current Packers are worse than these two franchises have been in their previous playoff meetings in recent times. But it's playoff time and the Cowboys have been crushed by their own lofty expectations a lot of times since their last Super Bowl win, so who's to say it's not going to happen again.

Green Bay's offense is young, but at least they now have Aaron Jones back. Jordan Love has played well for most of the season, putting the early struggles behind him; I think he has thrown for 32 TDs against 12 INTs, putting him among the better QBs in the league. He has certainly gained more confidence as the season progressed, but as his lost fumble against the Bears showed, he's still making a big mistake every now and then; the almost interception when he threw into what was seemingly triple coverage belongs into that category too. The Packers defense is the more worrying part though, but that's basically tradition by now.

The bottom line is that I am not writing off these Packers as a one-and-done team, but I can definitely say that they won't win more than one playoff game. That's because the next game after a hypothetical win would be a trip to San Francisco and they are the exact opposite to the Dallas Cowboys when it comes to matchup history.

Looking beyond this season, the Packers seem to be good to go after the end of the Rodgers era. There has been essentially no dropoff in the quality of their play since Love took over, although that is helped by Rodgers' final year with the Packers being of mixed quality. While I do not expect the Packers to reach the heights of the Rodgers era with Love, there's enough talent to be consistently in playoff contention in the coming years without having it to come down to week 18 in order to clinch a spot.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we get TWO upsets in this upcoming Wild Card round.
The Packers over the Cowboys.
And the Rams over the Lions.
Although, I'm not sure if that last one would be an upset since the Rams are one of the hottest teams in football who've won a Super Bowl before while this is the Lions' first playoff appearance in 7 years.

Around the Network

Rams over the lions isn't a bad pick. I don't see the packers don't well against the boys defense.

Probably not an upset but browns over Texans.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Browns over Texans
Queefs over Dolphins
Bills crush Steelers
Dallas crushes Packers
Lions over Rams
Eagles over Bucs

This is what I think happens. I would love for Miami and Tampa to win their games.

In non-playoff related news, Pete Carroll is out as the Seahawks coach.

After 14 seasons w/ the Seahawks, he had a lot of success.
Despite all that success, it's the one play he failed that I'll remember him the most for.

You all know which one I'm talking about.

Bill out in New England. I bet they hire Vrabel to replace him.

Wonder if Bill retires or goes somewhere else.

Well, the Jim Harbaugh sweepstakes just got a lot more crowded.