By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 34, 2023 (Aug 14 - Aug 20)

Slownenberg said:
JWeinCom said:

Pikmin 4 getting the Switch boost. Should easily clear 3 million worldwide. Maybe 5.

Pikmin still selling over 50k in Japan retail alone after a month is crazy. Gotta figure its doing around 200k globally this week with those numbers. I would definitely think 5 million is a good lifetime target.

Was Pikmin 3 Deluxe the previously best selling game in the series? How much has it sold?

Has Nintendo released any global numbers for Pikmin 4 sales, like at launch or anything? Unless it's much more popular in Japan than anywhere else I would think it is already getting close to 3 million since Japan presumably is at 1 million now with digital sales.

they never announced anything to my knowledge. we'll probably only hear about it at the next FY/quarterly update. despite the great sales for the series, i don't think it's big enough to get the "we sold xx amount of units FW" announcement that other titles get.

i think pikmin 3 deluxe did almost 3 million, iirc? 

Around the Network

Pikmin still at #1 !!

With how well it's selling the wait for Pikmin 5 should be a lot shorter than the wait for 4.

Nintendo looks at those numbers and thinks: Do we really need a new system?

Draconidas said:

Nintendo looks at those numbers and thinks: Do we really need a new system?

haha in Japan they don't! Around the rest of the world though yes they are starting to get near that point.

They are actually selling more in Japan than in NA or Europe. That's crazy. If Nintendo's only market was Japan they could for sure put off a new system for a couple extra years.

Around the Network

Switch is more than a million ahead of it's 2018 (year 2) YTD, in year 7.

Slownenberg said:

Pikmin still selling over 50k in Japan retail alone after a month is crazy. Gotta figure its doing around 200k globally this week with those numbers. I would definitely think 5 million is a good lifetime target.

Was Pikmin 3 Deluxe the previously best selling game in the series? How much has it sold?

Has Nintendo released any global numbers for Pikmin 4 sales, like at launch or anything? Unless it's much more popular in Japan than anywhere else I would think it is already getting close to 3 million since Japan presumably is at 1 million now with digital sales.

2001 Pikmin  GCN 1.60
2004 Pikmin 2 GCN 1.12
2013 Pikmin 3 Wii U 1.28
2020 Pikmin 3 Deluxe Switch 2.40

Chicho said:
Slownenberg said:

2001Pikmin GCN1.60
2004Pikmin 2GCN1.12
2013Pikmin 3Wii U1.28
2020Pikmin 3 DeluxeSwitch2.40

So basically Pikmin 4 has to have already crushed the series sales record (unless its wayyyyyy less popular outside Japan).

Slight alteration to the Switch data, previously 2017 began on week 9 and ended on 52 however Famitsu actually had it beginning on week 10 and ending on week 53, so 2017 has every week moved up by one. This also means that week 34 in 2022 was Switch's highest week 34 ever.

Slownenberg said:
Chicho said:

2001Pikmin GCN1.60
2004Pikmin 2GCN1.12
2013Pikmin 3Wii U1.28
2020Pikmin 3 DeluxeSwitch2.40

So basically Pikmin 4 has to have already crushed the series sales record (unless its wayyyyyy less popular outside Japan).

First two weeks of sales it was up 81% in the U.S. over Pikmin3 Deluxe, in Spain it was 110% up and 57% up in the UK. These are just retail and we know digital is much higher in 2023 than in 2020 when Pikmin 3 Deluxe launched. Pikmin 4 will surpass 2.4 million in it's first quarter.