349.99 32 27.83%

399.99 66 57.39%

449.99 8 6.96%

499.99 5 4.35%

549.99 1 0.87%

599.99 1 0.87%

Total:115
Kneetos said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/167952y/clarifying_recent_leaks_and_adding_new_info/

Just came across this
Though it is from reddit so take with a grain of salt

The cliff notes are

Backwards compatible, runs ff7 remake like a ps5 can, has a camera, square enix and sega already have dev kits

The camera thing is interesting because it's the second of third time I think I've heard that. Seems like the Switch 2 may have a camera, but that might also align with the VR patent by Nintendo a few months ago too. 

I take it the FF7 bit means the system can run FF7 Remake Integrade from the PS5, that's not a big shocker to me anyway. The mention that the port was very easy and took almost no time to get up and running would be very positive if true. 

Around the Network

$400

$350 by some miracle.

$450 for a OLED version which will come out sometime after if they ever go that route.

Thinking of a Zelda or Xenoblade game that looks as good as PS5 FF7 Remake running at 4K docked because of DLSS on Switch 2 is bonkers to contemplate.

Last edited by Soundwave - on 02 September 2023

Soundwave said:

Thinking of a Zelda or Xenoblade game that looks as good as PS5 FF7 Remake running at 4K docked because of DLSS on Switch 2 is bonkers to contemplate.

Am I crazy to say I think the PS4 version looks a lot better here? In the PS5 the texture is so excessively rough on Cloud's face, it looks like he has sandpaper for skin

mZuzek said:
Soundwave said:

Am I crazy to say I think the PS4 version looks a lot better here? In the PS5 the texture is so excessively rough on Cloud's face, it looks like he has sandpaper for skin

What someone thinks looks better is subjective of course, but the PS5 version has considerably better lighting from a technical level and the skin texture is a lot more detailed (even if for some it's too much detail). 

Around the Network
Kneetos said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/167952y/clarifying_recent_leaks_and_adding_new_info/

Just came across this

The cliff notes are

Backwards compatible, runs ff7 remake like a ps5 can, has a camera, square enix and sega already have dev kits

Running FF7R as a PS5 would be totally crazy if true. I'll be skeptical 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Kneetos said:

Just came across this

The cliff notes are

Running FF7R as a PS5 would be totally crazy if true. I'll be skeptical 

FF7R is basically a PS4 game running on a PS5 with better lighting and textures ... but the Switch 2 should be able to manage that because it has a more modern architecture (way better than the PS4, even more modern than the PS5, Nvidia is the better GPU maker vs. AMD). So that in itself isn't terribly shocking. 

If it is running at like a 4K resolution ... well even that is not too hard to explain. DLSS could make that a reality ... that's the whole point of DLSS. 

On one hand, it doesn't really matter that the more powerful PS5 and XBS systems will be the same price or cheaper by then; this is Nintendo's new system and $399 is a perfectly acceptable price for a new console in this day and age, particularly one with its own unique trait that the others just can't match on the same level.

On the other hand, whatever price Nintendo chooses will likely stand pat for the duration of its life, just like this gen, and it's hard to imagine the system costing well over $400 when the inevitable OLED model launches. But if we really do see Switch 2 prices at $349 (LCD) and $399 (OLED), then Switch 1's price is going to have to drop considerably. The price difference between a $299 Switch 1 (OLED) and the hot, new Switch 2 LCD with b/c at $349 is not going to be enough to distance the former and maintain its own level of value.

Realistically, I'm expecting it to be in the $379 - $399 range.

To be honest Witcher 3 or DOOM running on the Switch vs XB1/PS4 is probably more amazing than Switch 2 being able to run FF7R Integrade (PS5).

Witcher 3 on Switch runs at 540p undocked/720p docked ... 900p on XB1, 1080p on PS4. That's not a huge difference in resolutions.

With Switch 2, if DLSS is there the PS5 runs the game at 4K ... the Switch 2 because of DLSS may only need the run it as low as 480p undocked, 720p docked and DLSS could very well take that up to 1080p undocked and 4K docked. That's a massive disparity in resolution ... for the PS5 to run FF7R at 4K it has to push 9x the resolution (!) of a Switch 2 running the same game at only 720p docked if DLSS is in the equation.

Whereas Witcher 3, the PS4 version is only pushing about 2x as many pixels as the docked Switch version (the XBox One version not even that).

Kneetos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

399 is the minimum. Anybody saying they will charge 300 USD is not paying attention to inflation

If Nintendo sells it to 300 USD (less than Switch OLED) it's 100% guaranteed they will need to take hardware loses for 1 or 2 years

That's fine

Mario, Zelda and Pokémon will get all the money back for them

And I'm not being sarcastic, even after playing Pokémon (which I enjoyed tbh)

They will never risk taking losses on their hardware, ever.