By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon GOTY INCOMING

lgs20XP said:

You know, I remember a time when nobody cared about Armored Core and everyone said it sucked. Now all they did was put the Souls-style camera into the game and now everyone is clamoring for it.

WTF would anyone care about a souls camera, it's a good camera that works that's about it. The game looks sick and honestly looks like it might one of the best combat systems made in gaming, aside from that from software has not missed for the passed 10 years.

Around the Network

Why do we always have to call things GOTY before they even release? Hell, sometimes before we even see video or even a screenshot?

zeldaring said:
lgs20XP said:

You know, I remember a time when nobody cared about Armored Core and everyone said it sucked. Now all they did was put the Souls-style camera into the game and now everyone is clamoring for it.

WTF would anyone care about a souls camera, it's a good camera that works that's about it. The game looks sick and honestly looks like it might one of the best combat systems made in gaming, aside from that from software has not missed for the passed 10 years.

Don't ask me, Ask all these reviewers on youtube that keep calling it the "souls camera".  They apparently care enough in their videos to constantly bring it up and gush over it like it's the hottest girl in school

lgs20XP said:

Why do we always have to call things GOTY before they even release? Hell, sometimes before we even see video or even a screenshot?

Maybe its just me but GOTY is just another way to be a cheerleader for a product.  I find it hard to really care about the label since in my gaming history there have been many games labeled GOTY that have not resonated with me.  GOTY is whatever game you like so who really cares if others like it as well.  Not sure I even understand the euphoria of being happy a game I have played gets GOTY from strangers.

Machiavellian said:
lgs20XP said:

Maybe its just me but GOTY is just another way to be a cheerleader for a product.  I find it hard to really care about the label since in my gaming history there have been many games labeled GOTY that have not resonated with me.  GOTY is whatever game you like so who really cares if others like it as well.  Not sure I even understand the euphoria of being happy a game I have played gets GOTY from strangers.

Depends on the game. Something like sikero or armored core 6 would be great  to receive  GOTY/great reviews  to get more sales and make sure we get more games like them, but if it's a game thats doing plus 8 million then i really don't care.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 07 August 2023

Around the Network

I find it comically hilarious how that poorly received Saints Row reboot is going to hit Steam the day before Armored Core releases. There's no way that year old game is going to get anywhere in sales once AC releases the next day.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"