By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can AI be trusted?

No 34 68.00%

Yes 16 32.00%

Total:50
Chicho said:
KLAMarine said:

The computer cost potentially millions of jobs too. Where might we be if the computer had been resisted the way AI is being resisted currently?

New tech is fought when people think their jobs are at risk. That is how we got the word sabotage. 

In the 1400’s Netherlands textile mills were undergoing some changes. 

Factories were starting to mechanize certain elements of textile looms. 

Workers in these factories feared that the factories were going to become so dependent on machines that the security of their jobs was in the balance. 

Workers in the Netherlands at the time wore a traditional wooden shoe call a “sabot” and consequently the gears of the textile looms were constructed of wood. 

In order to prevent machines from essentially taking over their jobs the workers threw their sabots into the wooden gears of the textile looms to break them-  hence was born the term “sabotage”.

It is funny seeing ludism is still in fashion even today.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I don't see a Terminator event happening anytime soon, but the number of people that will be out a job ranging from millions of truck drivers, millions of office workers, and even high paying jobs like specialty doctors and actuaries, paralegals, etc. There is nothing that can really be done, the USA and/or EU can put in limitations and ethics laws on it, but it's not going to stop China or other countries from developing AI to the point of no return.

The computer cost potentially millions of jobs too. Where might we be if the computer had been resisted the way AI is being resisted currently?

That's a huge leap. Computers on their own aren't possibly putting artists, writers and voice actors out of work.

Furthermore, something artificial will never understand being human. AI will never relate to us emotionally or mentally. What we get instead is a shallow and lifeless automaton that will decide humans are no longer relevant and nuke us.

Can people be trusted?

Angelus said:

Can people be trusted?

More trustworthy than what's basically Skynet.

CaptainExplosion said:
Angelus said:

Can people be trusted?

Debatable

Around the Network

Can people be trusted?
Also no.

Angelus said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Debatable

Wrong.

CaptainExplosion said:
Angelus said:

Can people be trusted?

Is it "basically Skynet", tho?

Jpcc86 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Is it "basically Skynet", tho?

Yes. It's just a small step away from being Skynet, so it's basically Skynet.

And don't forget I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. Same warning as The Terminator just without the army of robot skeletons.

CaptainExplosion said:
Angelus said:

Debatable

Wrong.

Five ways AI might destroy the world...

Ok...and in how many ways exactly are humans ALREADY destroying the world?