By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can AI Be Trusted?

Can AI be trusted?

No 34 68.00%

Yes 16 32.00%

Total:50

No. It can't. In fact the Hollywood strike and the potential for AI to be weaponized prooves just how untrustworthy AI is. Imagine if an AI had advanced to the point where it decided that mankind is outdated so it might as well nuke us all. We as a species must band together and destroy AI before it destroys us all.

We were warned in works like Star Trek, The Terminator, and Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's time we listened.

Around the Network

To take over the world? Yes.

Jpcc86 said:

Good to see one more person who gets it. Fuck AI.

Fear not. I doubt AI tasked with writing scripts has access to nuclear weapons.

CaptainExplosion said:
Jpcc86 said:

Good to see one more person who gets it. Fuck AI.

Its unavoidable. I, for one, welcome our new AI overlords.

Around the Network

I don't see a Terminator event happening anytime soon, but the number of people that will be out a job ranging from millions of truck drivers, millions of office workers, and even high paying jobs like specialty doctors and actuaries, paralegals, etc. There is nothing that can really be done, the USA and/or EU can put in limitations and ethics laws on it, but it's not going to stop China or other countries from developing AI to the point of no return.

rapsuperstar31 said:

I don't see a Terminator event happening anytime soon, but the number of people that will be out a job ranging from millions of truck drivers, millions of office workers, and even high paying jobs like specialty doctors and actuaries, paralegals, etc. There is nothing that can really be done, the USA and/or EU can put in limitations and ethics laws on it, but it's not going to stop China or other countries from developing AI to the point of no return.

The computer cost potentially millions of jobs too. Where might we be if the computer had been resisted the way AI is being resisted currently?

Yeah - though AI is nothing but a trick (at the moment), it's just a computer program that creates a series of words that is a plausible response to your question.

There's no intelligence (yet).

KLAMarine said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

The computer cost potentially millions of jobs too. Where might we be if the computer had been resisted the way AI is being resisted currently?

True, we aren't really talking a million or two we are talking 300 million jobs around the world and 25% of the jobs in USA and Europe.

KLAMarine said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

New tech is fought when people think their jobs are at risk. That is how we got the word sabotage. 

In the 1400’s Netherlands textile mills were undergoing some changes. 

Factories were starting to mechanize certain elements of textile looms. 

Workers in these factories feared that the factories were going to become so dependent on machines that the security of their jobs was in the balance. 

Workers in the Netherlands at the time wore a traditional wooden shoe call a “sabot” and consequently the gears of the textile looms were constructed of wood. 

In order to prevent machines from essentially taking over their jobs the workers threw their sabots into the wooden gears of the textile looms to break them-  hence was born the term “sabotage”.