By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June Circana (NPD) 2023 Thread + Predictions

"The PlayStation had its best June in terms of units sold since June 2010".

What are Playstation's hardware sales in june of 2010?

Around the Network
Geralt99 said:

PS3: 275.5k~

PSP: 130k~

PS2: ?

The 2nd best June since is 2015's:

PS4: 367k~

PS3: 15k~

PSV: 10.5k~

Geralt99 said:

487k, including PS3, PS2 and PSP

406k on June 2011

So PS5 did about 420k for June 2023

PS5 (16.07 million) surpassed the lifetime sales of OG xbox (15.77 million) in North America.

Around the Network

MS do not care about hardware anymore, it is all about subs.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Thanks for sharing.

That's actually what I've been asuming since January '23.

Interesting to finally see someone addressing that point with data. At least the Xbox consoles are really losing traction since the start of 2023, the whole brand not so much due to Game Pass.

If Sony are able to push software output further in the second half of PS5's life cycle, especially with great First Party titles, then PS5 will easily reach 100mill units until the end of 2026 or even earlier.

Would be insane witnessing the Switch going to de-throne the mighty PS2 after almost 20 years, but only to be put into second place again soon after. Again by a Playstation console.

Then again, 155+mill is a very steep hill to climb, even for the PS5.

Panicradio said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Thanks for sharing.

Interesting to finally see someone addressing that point with data. At least the Xbox consoles are really losing traction since the start of 2023, the whole brand not so much due to Game Pass.

If Sony are able to push software output further in the second half of PS5's life cycle, especially with great First Party titles, then PS5 will easily reach 100mill units until the end of 2026 or even earlier.

Would be insane witnessing the Switch going to de-throne the mighty PS2 after almost 20 years, but only to be put into second place again soon after. Again by a Playstation console.

Growth of the subs (gamepass) is also lagging behind the Q4/Year results for Xbox have been quite lukewarm.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Panicradio said:

Thanks for sharing.

Growth of the subs (gamepass) is also lagging behind the Q4/Year results for Xbox have been quite lukewarm.

Hmmm that makes me wonder, is there a point where Gamepass subscriptions could reach a similar saturation to the one we see with TV subscriptions and experience subsequent decline ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The scapegoat FFXVI might see an increase in the US since the bundle is $50 off alongside the other disc bundles.