By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Physical or digital?

How do you buy your games?

Physical 26 36.11%

Digital 17 23.61%

Both 29 40.28%

Total:72

I only purchase digital when games cost a couple bucks. Will definitely be a retro only gamer once physical is no longer an option.
*I still buy movies and music physically as well. Music less so, only because it is pretty rare for CDs these days, especially the bands I like.*

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

physical because i like having material objects and it feeds my consumerist desires more.

Purely physical unless a release is digital-only. I.E. Everything PC.
Or free.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I honestly didn't know CDs still existed and were sold.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

All digital, means I can share games with my brother via PSN

On Switch it's also just way more convenient because I'm often jumping between lots of games.

Around the Network

I prefer digital but I would buy physical as well depending on the sale discount.

So far....

PS4/PS5
95% digital
5% physical
The last time I bought Physical was 2-3 years ago while the last time I bought digital was last week

Switch
90% digital
10% physical
The last time I bought physical was last month and last digital was sometime last month as well

Xbox Series S
100% digital (obviously)

PC
100% digital (obviously)

iOS
100% digital (obviously)

Mostly physical. I only buy digital if a game I want wasn't released physically.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

I strongly prefer digital, but sometimes I do get something physical if it's really cheap.
On my Switch I have only 15 physical games and 368 digital games.

100% digital, the last physical game I bought was on the ps3, most have already migrated to digital at least on xbox and playstation. the only one that maintains good physical sales is Nintendo, but that should soon change

Both. The games I know I'll be spending most of my time in multiplayer, digital. Also simulators and sports games as I tend to jump back and forth between them. Single player games, physical as once I install it I normally give the game 100% focus and once I'm finished with it, it goes on my shelf.