By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How Much Does VGChartz Generate in Revenue Monthly

kirby007 said:

about threefiddy

ioi is the Loch Ness Monster confirmed.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Ka-pi96 said:

When was that though? The site used to be a lot bigger than it currently is!

3 million is insane it's not like the site get so much traffic. I honest'y don't believe it. the site is also a pain to use when using mobile.

It used to get a lot more. Plus it probably had some value from selling sales data to business clients. The sales tracking has declined quite significantly over the years, for a number of reasons, so that part of the site has likely declined in value by a significantly larger amount than the news articles and forum sections.

Ka-pi96 said:
Deyon said:

ioi got offered 3 million for the site and he turned it down. Logically, if he refused to sell for that amount, the site must be generating hella money

I have no clue that offer was outta my ass but when I joined the site at the end of the PS3/360 gen, it was pretty big and the forums were chaotic. The community was active af so I just assumed that some millionaire investor probably wanted to buy it.

My 300iq assumption turned out right though since CGI technically confirmed it  

Enough to buy tacos

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Enough to buy tacos

Beef tacos? Pigeon tacos? Rhinoceros tacos? I mean, they all have vastly different costs!

Around the Network
Deyon said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I have no clue that offer was outta my ass but when I joined the site at the end of the PS3/360 gen, it was pretty big and the forums were chaotic. The community was active af so I just assumed that some millionaire investor probably wanted to buy it.

My 300iq assumption turned out right though since CGI technically confirmed it  

think about what data for 20k users and ad revenue for 5m hits was worth back in 2008

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
Leynos said:

Enough to buy tacos

Beef tacos? Pigeon tacos? Rhinoceros tacos? I mean, they all have vastly different costs!

Where the fuck are you getting your tacos?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

As always, you can Google current advertising rates. For 1000 banner ad views, you can expect $0.15 or so...

$5 million a year ish 🥳 that's what Google told me 😅

Leynos said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Where the fuck are you getting your tacos?

I've only ever had home made tacos. My personal favourite is beef and pineapple