NES + Gameboy 0 0%

SNES + Gameboy 6 12.00%

N64 + Gameboy (Colour) 2 4.00%

Gamecube + GBA 2 4.00%

Wii + DS 8 16.00%

Wii U + 3DS 2 4.00%

Switch 30 60.00%

Total:50

SNES + Gameboy slightly edging out Switch for me.

Around the Network

Switch

The games, the hardware, the seamless simplicity of using the system... there isn't another experience, in my opinion, that reaches the Switch. It's the pinnacle of the Nintendo Console/Handheld experience.

Switch, obviously. They took all their resources, combined them, and created a unified, streamlined powerhouse that has a chance to become the most popular piece of hardware in the company's history... nearly forty years after the NES! That's really saying something.

Leynos said:

Switch. It's the best system Nintendo ever made. I get the coolest retro games from SNES/Genesis/TG16/Saturn/DC/PS1/Arcade and more plus a lot of great new experiences I've had from Nintendo developed and published to 3rd party stuff. Even a healthy amount of mecha games and new Wonderboy games. It's almost a dream system (no I'm not doing a pun).

Gamecube games are making their way to Switch now, most recently Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life, and Baten Kaitos later this year. I'm enjoying that. A lot of stuff that never appeared on Virtual Console on Wii or Wii U also made it to Switch through retro game collections. I'm still hoping for FE: Path of Radiance. I have accepted that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are likely to be holdouts for the Switch 2.

Some of my favorites are all the original Nintendo arcade games like Donkey Kong that weren't released before due to legal snags between Nintendo and the manufacturer.

Plus, it has most of my favorites from 7th gen as well, namely, Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Vesperia, and Xenoblade Chronicles. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 03 July 2023

Switch is not only my favorite combo, but it's my favorite dedicated gaming system of all time. I have bought more games for Switch than for I have for every PlayStation system combined, and previously the PS1 was the system that I bought the single most games for. Combine the retro stuff with games like BotW, TotK, Fire Emblem: TH and Engage, Mario Odyssey, Dragon Quest XI S, SMT V, Persona, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, and its library is unparalleled.

Of the other options, I vote fro GC + GBA. I still use the GB Player, and I loved the Gamecube, which reminded me of why I loved Nintendo games after N64 let me down.

Around the Network

Of finished libraries, it's probably GCN and GBA. But Switch as a whole simply has more first and third-party experiences I care about than either of those platforms.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Personally I've never been hugely into handhelds, though I have dabbled in them occasionally, but the SNES remains my #1 system of all time so my vote had to go there.

That said, Switch is getting very damn close at this point, having built up an exemplary library, plus the convenience of having all Nintendo's output on one machine is just awesome.
About the only thing holding Switch back from being the all time greatest in my view is that it's missing new games from a few key IPs, but that's a small downside compared to all that it does offer.

Wii+DS is redundant as the WiiU+3DS can pretty much play that entire library and then it's own.

For me SNES+Gameboy, it's what I had as a teenager and I have many fond memories. Rose tinted glasses.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Wii+DS is redundant as the WiiU+3DS can pretty much play that entire library and then it's own.

For me SNES+Gameboy, it's what I had as a teenager and I have many fond memories. Rose tinted glasses.

Wii + DS can play Gamecube games, something the WiiU + 3DS combo cannot. The GBA library is a lot smaller on WiiU virtual console as well compared to the full library of GBA games playable on DS.

I think the addition of Gamecube and GBA games is more worth than the 3DS and WiiU library, if Wii and DS games is playable in both constellations. But I'm a bit biased and did not enjoy much of the WiiU and 3DS library. Still would not call the combo redundant. 

It's literally what Switch was designed for