By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

First and foremost; Hello old friends! Good to see y'all still hanging in there!

A new Mainline FINAL FANTASY IS UPON US! I am still having a hard processing that in 3 hours we will playing a new FINAL FANTASY. FINAL FANTASY XVI is the smoothest development for the series since 12. Great job to Creative Business Department 3 in just that regard alone. The Final Fantasy that will redefine the series! The tagline " The Legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough". Just a plot tagline or something much more hmmmm meta?

Let's get ready for this journey!.

Last edited by Xxain - on 28 June 2023

Around the Network

88 in Metacritic, not bad. A noticeable improvement from the VERY generous 81 that FFXV got on PS4, at least on the critics's side.
I like the trailers and the reviews im reading are praising the story, tone, soundtrack and battle system so I think im gonna get it as soon as I can, cause so far it seems like my type of game.

Hour and a half to go!

Media blackout for FF16 in my regards. Didn't even do the demo.

Woke up early this morning and played for 5 hours then straight to work. So far I'm enjoying every second of it. Great story and gameplay. Can't wait to get back into it

Nice - I'll get it in a few months when it goes on sale.

Around the Network

Jumpin in now! Have fun guys

I have to wait for UPS

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Played for about 2 hours. Controller died n -__-. So far:

I feel like were back in the FF13 days when we were bombarded by a bunch terms and lingo without any pre knowledge of what they relate too. Opening cutscene was a little confusing(But visually stunning). I got a cold sweat when the dictionary became available to help you keep track of what the hell is going. Possible bad sign.

Its FINAL FANTASY, but I still want to say music is great. Stillwater( Tutorial dungeon) theme was so soothing.

Battle system is fun but Clive is very limited. I wish he started with a little more tools at his disposal. Something I not diggin atm is we have dodge AND a warp button(closes in). I wish they were the same button but direction input dictated what was activated. Keep pressing the wrong button for wrong situation.

I'm bummed that the party guys were not Biggs and Wedge.

Xxain said:

Played for about 2 hours. Controller died n -__-. So far:

I feel like were back in the FF13 days when we were bombarded by a bunch terms and lingo without any pre knowledge of what they relate too. Opening cutscene was a little confusing(But visually stunning). I got a cold sweat when the dictionary became available to help you keep track of what the hell is going. Possible bad sign.

Its FINAL FANTASY, but I still want to say music is great. Stillwater( Tutorial dungeon) theme was so soothing.

Battle system is fun but Clive is very limited. I wish he started with a little more tools at his disposal. Something I not diggin atm is we have dodge AND a warp button(closes in). I wish they were the same button but direction input dictated what was activated. Keep pressing the wrong button for wrong situation.

I'm bummed that the party guys were not Biggs and Wedge.

From playing the demo there is a reason why dodge and that are separate. For the same reason, it's not in DMC for Nero.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Did you watched the review of eurogamer on metacritic? It feels like something personal and political. This unfortunately contributed to the game not reaching 90. I feel sad about it.