By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 3 Reload (Xbox Series/XBO/GP, PS4/PS5, PC) and Persona 5 Tactica (Xbox Series/XBO/GP, PS4/PS5, NS, PC)

gtotheunit91 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

You guys talk like microsoft never moneyhat anything Like sony does 

Indeed they do. Now provide me the list of moneyhats MS does and what Sony does and let's compare

Do it yourself , bet you have a list saved somewhere already

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Indeed they do. Now provide me the list of moneyhats MS does and what Sony does and let's compare

Do it yourself , bet you have a list saved somewhere already

That’s what I thought. 

Kakadu18 said:
Leynos said:

So MS money hatted a Persona remake and it's not coming to PS5 or Switch? I guess the sales of the remake just tanked.

Did you say the same thing last year?

Don't remember. If I were to guess I would probably be wondering if P4/3 was coming to Switch or not. It's hard to trust Atlus as they can be really weird.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Angelus said:
twintail said:

This is pretty much the same thing. They gave Atlus money for benefit to their ecosystem. 

This gotta be one of the most disingenuous takes I've seen on here in a while. One deal limits access, the other expands it. They're literally opposites. If your argument here is that they're the same on the basis that they involve a business deal, and that the people making the deal intend for it to be beneficial to them...yea...no shit. That's kinda how all business deals work. Doesn't make them all "pretty much the same thing."

I do agree with your take.  I will say when it comes to moneyhatting a game, Sony can spend less money to get a game exclusive to their system because of their larger install base.  Microsoft would need to spend twice what Sony would have to pay, to offset the loss in sales not selling it on Playstation.  On the other end of that when it comes to gamepass vs playstation + extra, I think Sony is at a disadvantage there because of their install base.  If Microsoft offers Atlus say 20 million dollars to bring all the Persona games to gamepass, and Atlus say's if we ported these games and sold them they might sell a few hundred thousand and lose money so they take the 20 million bag.  Now if Sony offered 20 million, Atlus looks at the install base and say's naw we would rather sell the game for $60 or $70 to the bigger install base and make as much money as we can.

Apparently, Reloaded is just vanilla Persona 3 without any of the FES or Portable features, which is lame AF. Especially considering vanilla Persona 3 aged quite a bit compared to the later releases.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
twintail said:

This is pretty much the same thing. They gave Atlus money for benefit to their ecosystem. 

Also why some Japanese games are skipping the Xbox platform as they are waiting for the Gamepass bag of money. That's a problem MS has created with these deals.

Their fans whine about it online with certain games so MS moves down the line to give money to this dev and that dev trying to put out fires at every turn. Meanwhile there is always Japanese publishers knowing this and that's why they are holding out on certain games waiting to be paid and there's no shortage of whining online for MS to take their cues from. 

Atlus knows this and knows where the majority of the fan base for Persona is as they will get proper sales from those platforms as well as they get MS money for PR and marketing for those fans to buy the game on other platforms and serves the minority fan base on Xbox in the same breath.

I mean, it would be interesting to know if this really is a strongly held belief among many Japanese (or other) publishers. But one thing that does seem clear is that you rarely get major 3rd party releases doing day 1 on gamepass. There are some good gets of course, like P3R and P5T, but big IP don't need it. Which I think creates a somewhat of an issue when trying to secure the bigger deals. 

gtotheunit91 said:
twintail said:

GamePass is MS's focus. If they could secure FF as an exclusive they would. They can't, because no publisher is going to give exclusivity of their major IP with the prerequisite of a day 1 gamepass release. Few publishers support day 1 gamepass to begin with, so exclusivity on top of that becomes a non-starter of a conversation, imo. 

Now you're contradicting yourself. Just don't compare GP deals to what Sony pulls.

MS using GP deals to benefit their ecosystem? Yes. The same as a moneyhat that Sony does? No.

The difference? One playerbase is still getting a game and the other is NOT.

No contradiction mate. because like I have already said, I'm not saying that an exclusive game is like a day 1 gamepass release. As long as a console maker is giving money to a 3rd party for some kind of deal, it's a moneyhat, regardless of whatever that deal ends up being. 

Were Atlus willingly going to MS to put P3R and P5T onto gamepass? From the sounds of your own words, no. MS dropped some money bags to make it happen, and as far as I'm concerned, that's a moneyhat in it's own right. 

If you want to make some semantic distinction between 'moneyhatting' and just a 'GP bag' like you did in my original quote of you, then you can. But I think that's just silly, because the action of dropping money for some form of preferential treatment doesn't change regardless of what the outcome is. The end result may be different, and we can all agree that to be true, but how they got there is not as different as you want to frame it to be.

But that's just my 2 cents. i honestly don't care either way. MS is doing what they think will help them. Sony is doing what they think will help them.

haxxiy said:

Apparently, Reloaded is just vanilla Persona 3 without any of the FES or Portable features, which is lame AF. Especially considering vanilla Persona 3 aged quite a bit compared to the later releases.

Sounds like that is a bad thing. Wasn't there a remastered version available too? Which version was that? FES?

Blood_Tears said:
twintail said:

Also why some Japanese games are skipping the Xbox platform as they are waiting for the Gamepass bag of money.

A great majority of Japanese games skip Xbox. There are so many games announced by Publishers like NIS or Marvelous and a number of others and the platforms listed are always PS4/PS5 and Switch. Then all these retro releases like the Osmans and Batsuguns and Telenet or Raiden re-releases the same thing. A sequel to a Dreamcast game just got announced. Radirgy 2 and it's skipping Xbox but coming to PS and Swith. Asia is big into physical games, a lot of Asia-only physical releases are often digital only in the US. Have you ever seen Japan's Hard Off stores? Even the Hobby Off or Book Off. Rows and rows and rows of physical games new and old. It's like walking into a Barnes & Nobile and most of the isles are mint retro games for cheap.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Now you're contradicting yourself. Just don't compare GP deals to what Sony pulls.

MS using GP deals to benefit their ecosystem? Yes. The same as a moneyhat that Sony does? No.

The difference? One playerbase is still getting a game and the other is NOT.

No contradiction mate. because like I have already said, I'm not saying that an exclusive game is like a day 1 gamepass release. As long as a console maker is giving money to a 3rd party for some kind of deal, it's a moneyhat, regardless of whatever that deal ends up being. 

Were Atlus willingly going to MS to put P3R and P5T onto gamepass? From the sounds of your own words, no. MS dropped some money bags to make it happen, and as far as I'm concerned, that's a moneyhat in it's own right. 

If you want to make some semantic distinction between 'moneyhatting' and just a 'GP bag' like you did in my original quote of you, then you can. But I think that's just silly, because the action of dropping money for some form of preferential treatment doesn't change regardless of what the outcome is. The end result may be different, and we can all agree that to be true, but how they got there is not as different as you want to frame it to be.

But that's just my 2 cents. i honestly don't care either way. MS is doing what they think will help them. Sony is doing what they think will help them.

Well, I wasn't aware that the definition of what constitutes a moneyhat had changed. It was pretty universally agreed upon and referred to by most that a moneyhat is straight exclusivity, keeping a specific game off of a platform. 

If that's the case, we would have to include all the marketing deals made as additional moneyhats. I'll keep that in mind in future discussions then.

On a side note: Amongst all the back and forth discussions about moneyhats and exclusivity deals, Valve is just over here on PC being a monopoly not doing a damn thing other than just existing doesn't need any deals of any sort. Didn't even want MS's 10-year offer to bring CoD to Steam. Off-topic but just thought about that.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 June 2023

haxxiy said:

So a remake, but maybe not the definitive edition ... That's one way to shoot yourself in the foot .

Does it also mean the player will only have control of the main protagonist in battle ?

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 09 June 2023

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Persona 5 Tactica seems to play alot like Mario+Rabbids. Could be cool.