By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii popularity still soaring but system suffers glut of weak games- Article

Meh, this article is by far the least offensive Wii-Bashing article I've read lately.

Once again, the Wii is the leading man in the industry, and gets discussed by the main stream and underground press far more than any other console.

It always seems to get brought up, no matter what the subject.

Great free press for Nintendo, really, like it needs it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Yah, nothing wrong with that Canada Brawl number, it's 200K as reported by NPD Canada.  And the article wasn't an attack on the system:

"Some publishers have grumbled that Nintendo hasn't done enough to support their products. But the real problem is more obvious: Most of the Wii's third-party software doesn't measure up. There are a handful of good non-Nintendo Wii games (like Capcom's remakes of "Okami" and "Resident Evil 4"), but an awful lot of lacklustre junk is being shovelled onto the platform. And gamers are the ones getting burned."

lazybum131 said:

Yah, nothing wrong with that Canada Brawl number, it's 200K as reported by NPD Canada. And the article wasn't an attack on the system:

"Some publishers have grumbled that Nintendo hasn't done enough to support their products. But the real problem is more obvious: Most of the Wii's third-party software doesn't measure up. There are a handful of good non-Nintendo Wii games (like Capcom's remakes of "Okami" and "Resident Evil 4"), but an awful lot of lacklustre junk is being shovelled onto the platform. And gamers are the ones getting burned."

Don't try to blame developers. The Wii's specs magically prevent big budget games working on it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

lazybum131 said:

Yah, nothing wrong with that Canada Brawl number, it's 200K as reported by NPD Canada. And the article wasn't an attack on the system:

Yep, everything said there is correct, except I don't see how gamers are getting burned. Either way, once again, I was not offended by this article and I'm easily offended.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

yes sadly the third party don´t make good games for wii, almost all are ports, but I think this chances in the future.

Around the Network

The article was fair. Kind of stating the obvious, but to those who don't frequent websites like this' its good to know. Also, I too was highly disappointed with how horrible Baroque came out to be. Just another mediocre PS2 game ported to the Wii. What surprises is me is Atlus. The usually release above average games (like usually 80/100). However, Baroque was just archaic and flawed. You know it was originally on the Sega Saturn? Explains A LOT.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Troll-o-meter shows no activity. Save for Opoona, all the games mentioned are offensively bad.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

SaviorX said:
The article was fair. Kind of stating the obvious, but to those who don't frequent websites like this' its good to know. Also, I too was highly disappointed with how horrible Baroque came out to be. Just another mediocre PS2 game ported to the Wii. What surprises is me is Atlus. The usually release above average games (like usually 80/100). However, Baroque was just archaic and flawed. You know it was originally on the Sega Saturn? Explains A LOT.

Nothing wrong with Sega Saturn mate...

ferret1603 said:
I think that article's fair enough really. The games reviewed genuinely aren't very good and the author appeared to know far more about gaming than any other newspaper journo I've read.

I second this opinion. While he was a bit too selective in highlighting good third party efforts on the Wii, his overall message was fairly accurate.  That said, has anyone here actually played Baroque? I kind of wanted it to be good, but the enthusiast press seems hellbent on destroying my optimism.

Oh, and @LordTheNightKnight

You are correct sir. I've heard that one day 2k Games assigned two teams to make big-budget Wii games. The next morning...

Let's just say we assume those are the team members' remains.

SaviorX said:

...Well, nuts.