By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 16 - Hands-on previews (update; Demo reactions)

BasilZero said:
twintail said:

I'm excited for you! 

One day I'll finally get a PS5, and I feel this will be the first game I play.

Eh? You dont have a PS5?

Its a great system so far from what I played. Astro's Playroom was really fun.

Hopefully you can get it sometime in the future!

Soon!

Current life arrangements don't make jumping onto a PS5 totally worth it just yet. But hoping end this year early next year! 

Around the Network

Okay, so I played through the demo - both the main demo and the Eikonic challenge.

Took me a good 3 hours to finish all of it.

Have to say, this game is shaping up to be one of my most favorite games in the series at least from what I played so far.

Great story/lore and great cast of characters so far - great voice acting and music.

The gameplay didnt feel like Devil May Cry, I think people are just basing it upon how it looks like - to me it felt more like a faster paced version of FFXII's battle system with a bit more freedom in movement and speed.

All in all - I've enjoyed the combat.

I played through 3 hours without realizing how much time passed so I can easily say I highly enjoyed it.

One thing that I did find odd was the option to add a audio visualizer....such a odd option, like Windows Media Player audio visualizer whenever someone talks - like who asked for this? Thankfully you can turn it off.

Oh btw, I chose to play Performance (FPS) over Quality (Graphics) because I dont mind 1080p - and that I plan to play in full 4k 60 when the game eventually releases on PC.

So I'll end up buying the PS5 version and playing it on performance instead.

Also the GoT inspiration for the story and themes - they took it inspiration to the next level and as a fan of GoT - I love it lol

Now I want Square Enix to make a Game of Thrones game....

I will wait the PC version because I'm still going to do FFXV and VII Remake and others games on PC. And I will offer my PS5 to my nephew since he wants to have one for his birthday (18 years old)

But if you have a PS5, don't miss this game. I have no doubt that Metacritic's score will be FANTASTIC. I bought a PS5, did my part lol.

-Adonis- said:

I will wait the PC version because I'm still going to do FFXV and VII Remake and others games on PC. And I will offer my PS5 to my nephew since he wants to have one for his birthday (18 years old)

But if you have a PS5, don't miss this game. I have no doubt that Metacritic's score will be FANTASTIC. I bought a PS5, did my part lol.

I'm so tempted to buy FFXVI day 1 lol

Though I'll wait to see if they patch through some issues that eventually be caught by people in the next few months and gonna wait for the sweet discount that occurs during the holiday season.

If I'm lucky like with FFXV - might go on discount next month lol

Anyways, I thought "Crystaline Chill" from FFXV which is the main theme song for the series was not gonna be beat - but FFXVI's version of the main Final Fantasy theme is just amazing. Perfectly fits the tone of the story, tragedy, revenge, etc.

Also what happens just in the first two hours of the game...damn, puts FFXV's story to shame lol

-Adonis- said:

Knowing Squeenix, the PC port will be:

a) heavier than Forspoken (think a 6800 for 1080p 60 fps);

b) inexplicably not load some textures unless you have a 16 GB GPU;

c) have a bad FSR 1.0 anti-aliasing tacked in that you can't turn off until the six-month patch, if at all.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

c) have a bad FSR 1.0 anti-aliasing tacked in that you can't turn off until the six-month patch, if at all.

And sadly wont be available on Steam until for about two years (a year after a EGS release lol).

I dont mind the wait though - in two years I'll have a new PC build (going for 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD minimum with a decent GPU and CPU whatever is comparable at the time).

I played the demo. Took 2 hours.. Graphics are nice but nothing to write home about. Character facial animations look plastic as hell. Played it on graph is mode and it needs alot of work as there's alot of frame rate issue especially when you play with eiklons. Not only that there's alot of stutter and the motion blur is horrible!. Story seems alright. Looks like it's going to follow ff12 style. Combat reminds me of Bayonetta but alot slower.

haxxiy said:
-Adonis- said:

SE PC ports are absolute crap. Even FFVII Remake has stuttering issues to this day. But since this is the same team that works on FF14, I’m cautiously hopeful lol

There is confirmation for a Day 1 patch with a size of only 300 MB, hope it fixes the very few problems the demo had.

Hype.