By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Furukawa: Announcing Switch/NX So Early Was A "Special Case"

Soundwave said:

Exactly, I've tried to explain this a couple of times here to some posters but it's always been met by "yada yada  yada

Do really people say yada yada yada ?

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Soundwave said:

Exactly, I've tried to explain this a couple of times here to some posters but it's always been met by "yada yada  yada

Bla bla bla

Kakadu18 said:
SKMBlake said:

Bla bla bla

Rabble Rabble

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Kakadu18 said:

Bla bla bla

Rabble Rabble

Weebit weebit weebit

SKMBlake said:
Soundwave said:

Yada yada is a term that was popularized by Seinfeld. It is a generic term to denote details being omitted from a story.

Around the Network

If you look back through the ages. Nintendo typically announces their new system at least a year before releasing it.

If Switch 2 is coming, they will likely announce it sometime this year.

Just to give some examples.
3DS was announced in March 2010. Released in March 2011.
Wii was announced in 2004. Released in November 2006
DS was announced in November 2003. Released in November 2004.
The Gamecube also had a year between announcement and release. GBA was announced in 1996!

So even if they announced a new system TODAY. It won't come out for about a year. I expect a 2025 release. Only because Nintendo wouldn't want to release a console without a steady stream of releases like they did with the 3DS. They want something more akin to how the Switch launched.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:

If you look back through the ages. Nintendo typically announces their new system at least a year before releasing it.

The Gamecube also had a year between announcement and release. GBA was announced in 1996!

So even if they announced a new system TODAY. It won't come out for about a year. I expect a 2025 release. Only because Nintendo wouldn't want to release a console without a steady stream of releases like they did with the 3DS. They want something more akin to how the Switch launched.

Eh, a year before launch was the old industry standard until PS4 and Xbox One. They were announced the same year they launched. While SX kept to that. PS5 also showed off the console the same year it launched.  I think it's been proven you don't need a full year to hype up your console anymore. Tho the industry is still not prepared for another SEGA Saturnday lol. (Console was announced and released the same day,dismal failure)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JWeinCom said:
SKMBlake said:

Yada yada is a term that was popularized by Seinfeld. It is a generic term to denote details being omitted from a story.

Yes but Seinfeld is like 80 years old now, hence my question

killeryoshis said:

Furukawa just said though the only reason they even announced the NX was to assure investors/consumers that they were not getting out of the hardware business when announcing their smartphone games. 

The Switch only had a real marketing campaign of 4 months from product reveal to launch. 

3DS/Wii/DS/GameCube are ancient history now, it's clear Nintendo doesn't operate that way anymore. Even with software launches, they barely did any hype building for Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom until very late before release. 

GameCube was announced in May 1999 by the way, released in September 2001, so roughly 2 1/2 years. Nintendo used to announce hardware *3 YEARS* ahead of time in the past, Super NES was announced in 1987 by Mr. Yamauchi, N64 in 1993 (the SNES was barely 2 years old in the US market, lol). Times change. 

With the advent of social media and Youtube, you just don't need one year to launch a product. PS5 and Switch were both basically unveiled and launched in 6 months with plenty of hype for both.

SKMBlake said:
JWeinCom said:

Yes but Seinfeld is like 80 years old now, hence my question

Hence my explanation.