By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Movie Breaking Records; 5 Day Opening Weekend Set To Beat Frozen 2

mZuzek said:

Kakadu18 said:

The original Lion King didn't even reach 1 billion.

To be fair, almost making a billion in 1994 is pretty insane. We don't really have a reference for worldwide inflation, but if we did, it'd likely still be the #1 animated movie when adjusted.

It made 763mil dollars back then. It came close to 1 billion through rereleases, mostly a 2011 3D rerelease. Adjusted for inflation 763mil dollars is 1.554 billion dollars and 1.316 billion dollars in 2019 when the remake released.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

I could imagine a Pikmin movie actually happening alongside another Mario movie. This actually makes a ton of sense given that its Miyamoto’s baby and that Illumination would be right at home creating scenarios for the wordless Pikmin.

It would also be a great way to open up the series on the gaming front, perhaps allowing us to visit more worlds and get different perspectives.

Like eventually leading up to a funny but charming encounter between Mario, who's fairly regular sized by human standards, and Olimar, who's almost bug-sized. Helps that Olimar's original Japanese name was Orima, which is Mario backwards.

Orima is Amiro backwards.

Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like eventually leading up to a funny but charming encounter between Mario, who's fairly regular sized by human standards, and Olimar, who's almost bug-sized. Helps that Olimar's original Japanese name was Orima, which is Mario backwards.

I hadn’t heard this, but perhaps Orima is an anagram of Mario. Still holds weight, just have never heard that before. 

super_etecoon said:
Kakadu18 said:

I hadn’t heard this, but perhaps Orima is an anagram of Mario. Still holds weight, just have never heard that before. 

Right, I meant anagram. Also, since not all of us agree on Henry Cavill as Link in a Zelda movie, who here has a better casting choice for Link?

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

Right, I meant anagram. Also, since not all of us agree on Henry Cavill as Link in a Zelda movie, who here has a better casting choice for Link?

Henry Cavill? Sorry, but that sounds like a horrible choice. Need someone younger. Nicholas Hoult may work.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Henry Cavill? Sorry, but that sounds like a horrible choice. Need someone younger. Nicholas Hoult may work.

I said that the same thing about Henry Cavill. Can Nicholas Hoult sound like Link though assuming it's another animated movie?

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

I said that the same thing about Henry Cavill. Can Nicholas Hoult sound like Link though assuming it's another animated movie?

What does Link sound like? Ive only ever heard him grunting different sounds.

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What does Link sound like? Ive only ever heard him grunting different sounds.

Just like that, but of course make him actually talk, and I don't mean like that insufferable twat from that shitty 80s cartoon.

super_etecoon said:
Kakadu18 said:

No, 'Orima' is 'Mario' backwards. But only in Japanese.
The Japanese language is based on characters that are commonly Romanized as a single vowel or consonant-vowel pair. So 'ma' is a single symbol in Japanese. So 'ma' 'ri' 'o' or Mario would be 'o' 'ri' 'ma' or Orima backwards and vice versa.

Just watched it - I liked it and enjoyed it moreso than the Frozen films (though a bit biased) lol