By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Google Accuses Microsoft of Anti-Competitive Practices

Google accuses Microsoft of anti-competitive practices. More complaints against Microsoft's policy.
Microsoft is giving itself an unfair advantage in the cloud market, at least according to competitor Alphabet. "Microsoft definitely has a very anti-competitive stance in the cloud," Amit Zavery, vice president of Google Cloud, told Reuters. In addition, Microsoft launches certain campaigns against companies that are its competitors. And Microsoft is using its "dominance in the on-premises business as well as Office 365 and Windows" to "tie Azure and the rest of the cloud services together and make it difficult for customers to have free choice," said Zavery.

Google is asking regulators in the EU to investigate these practices. "I would advise regulators to look at this holistically," said Zavery.

It's not about Google, but about "an open, flexible way to provide software" for customers via the cloud.

Exclusive: Google Says Microsoft Cloud Practices Are Anti-Competitive | Reuters

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 April 2023

Around the Network

Microsoft should be like Google. Cancel the whole Xbox business and refund gamers. That is my dream.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:

Microsoft should be like Google. Cancel the whole Xbox business and refund gamers. That is my dream.

10 guys just had a stroke in a discord channel after this comment.

RolStoppable said:

Ah yeah, because nothing's better for consumers than a monopoly. And what kind of corporate gimp level dream is even that? 

Something something the pot and the kettle something something.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Looks like a market with healthy competitiveness to me.

Looks like Amazon is not bothered by a so called "dominance in the on-premises business as well as Office 365 and Windows" to "tie Azure and the rest of the cloud services together and make it difficult for customers to have free choice,".

Now compare those share above to the share of the play store vs other store within the Android ecosystem and you would have "dominance" that tie customers and "make it difficult for customers to have free choice"

I maybe wrong but to me Google is just salty they're about to loose the context that enabled their Play Store to be dominant and virtually unchallenged and that a company like MS is set to benefits from this

I'm more concerned about Microsoft, Google and others reckless pushing of chatgpt and other AI that is going to be the downfall of all of us...well at least 80% our jobs that is, the hardest physical labor jobs will still be around.

No way !

rapsuperstar31 said:

I'm more concerned about Microsoft, Google and others reckless pushing of chatgpt and other AI that is going to be the downfall of all of us...well at least 80% our jobs that is, the hardest physical labor jobs will still be around.

That's actually a big concern of mine too. I tried chatgpt and it's lowkey terrifying. It doesn't help Google's case that they're also making their own AI competitor in response, but still, AI in general is getting to a scary place. 

rapsuperstar31 said:

Waste of time being afraid of AI, instead you better find a way to benefit from it and use it as the tool it is no matter what job you do.  As a software developer, yes AI could impact exactly what I do but I know from experience when new disruptive tech comes, fight it is a waste of time.  I will embrace it and find a way to use it and take advantage of it because once the box is open, nothing going to stop the progress of it.