By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Has Been Cancelled

Almost a year after announcing its return, the Entertainment Software Association announced today to its members that this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), has been cancelled, IGN can confirm.

Two sources have confirmed to IGN that the organization announced the cancellation via an email sent out to its members today. The email said that while E3 "remains a beloved event and brand" that the 2023 version "simply did not garner the sustained interest necessary to execute it in a way that would showcase the size, strength, and impact of our industry."

E3 Has Been Cancelled - IGN

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 March 2023

Around the Network

RIP E3. You'll be missed!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It had a great run. 

But other great shows will replace it.

Around the Network

E3 is a relic of a bygone age. It was made when internet video was pretty much impossible. And even as internet video picked up more, there was still some space for E3. But I say 2011 onward was the beginning of the end. The shows just aren't as exciting anymore for the most part. And in the past 5 or so years they've become increasingly irrelevant.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Damn... I'll miss those cringe compilation for sure.

One last time in memoriam

They kind of shot themselves in the foot by trying to scale down in the late 00s. I don't think they ever recovered from that. Game companies deciding to use streaming video to hold their own presentations, where they weren't likely to be overshadowed by bigger companies, accelerated the process, and the pandemic hammered the final nails into the coffin.

Press F to pay respects

F