By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Less famous older TV shows you would like a revival/reboot of?

I always loved sci-fi and esp loved Star Trek as a kid. The 90s series was going very strong so I had little interest in watching shows that were similar.

Many years later I watched season 1 of SeaQuest and found it pretty good. Less said about 2 and 3 the better. I'm also just now getting into Babylon 5. Having the show's visual effects rendered entirely on Amiga 2000 PC farm was cost-cutting in 1994. It showed then and indeed shows now. Whereas SeaQuest clearly had a decent budget. Bab5 was roughly half a million an episode, approximately a 4th of what Star Trek DS9 had. Bab 5 so far is good but for a 5-mile-long space station, it feels tiny and cramped and hardly looks like a space station set at all but a modern 90s office building.

I would like to see a reboot of SeaQuest with the premise more like Season 1 and Babylon 5 with a reboot with a better budget and modern-day CGI even if TV CGI it would be leagues better than the original.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

If it was possible to continue storylines that were cut short by cancellation then I would say: Firefly, Wonderfalls & Dark Angel are the main three. While Alphas, Terminator:TSCC & KyleXY I feel just needed a "wrap-up" season.

Given it's about older shows though it's not generally feasible to continue stories where they left off, but if it's made more like a completely new season & stories based in the world of the original then there could be some amazing stories set in the Firefly universe if done correctly, but I think it would be a tough one to pull off well as it would be overhyped by the fans. I'd also watch more based on the Stargate or Farscape worlds if they made it.

I would love a revival of The Outer Limits or Twilight Zone.

Also, the concept of the multiverse is really big right now, so Sliders would be easy to cash in on the craze.

Also, John Carpenter should remake the prequel to The Thing, so it can be WITHOUT the CGI this time.

I'll rack my brain for some older shows I'd like brought back, but I'm still super salty about The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance only getting one season. That was a masterpiece that deserved six seasons and a movie!

Hmmm.....Code Lyoko work? That could be fun in modern times.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Farscape.
Dark Angel

My Name Is Earl

KrspaceT said:

THANK YOU!!! Thought I was crazy thinking that.

Well, I would say Firefly, but a revival wouldn't really work for it.

123tbones said:
KrspaceT said:

THANK YOU!!! Thought I was crazy thinking that.

You are, but not alone