By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cities Skylines II announced for 2023 (PC, PS5, Xbox + Gamepass)

Around the Network

An understandable sequel. We're on another generation

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

The first one was really good; captured that old sim city feel not long after that franchise had seriously lost its way. This is definitely going on my wishlist.

Hoping for larger cities with less braindead traffic (but more traffic overall since the first one had a hard limit on the number of vehicles!).

Topped my Steam wishlist right away, and I couldn't be much more excited. I haven't been this excited for a game since... uh, I don't know, maybe Total War: Three Kingdoms, and even it probably lost to this one? Anyway, my point is that I'm very excited for this, and I don't usually get very excited for upcoming games.

Not sure how much we can read into the trailer, but seasons seem like a thing that's going to be in the game. I'd also expected even larger cities than in the first game, and more dynamic/living cities toom, whatever that means in practice. Beyond that, you'd possibly have to extrapolate a lot.

Around the Network

The first game sold more than 12 million copies in 7 years. The franchise is the new Sim City.