By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Darashiva said:

I'll probably skip the FF16 demo and just wait for the full release, though what I'm hearing so far is making me very excited to play it. Wouldn't be surprise if it ends up as my GotY, but we'll see once the full game is out.

Nah man, play the demo. It's so good. I went from 'I'm excited' to 'I need this in my life now'. I do miss the days of turn-based combat but as time goes on I feel that stuff like Octopath and Bravely Default do it better. WE all know that the only reason turn based was a thing was because they couldn't do action based back then. It has its place but as a callback. 

I love both, and I highly recommend the Demo. Even on Twitter, the cesspit of the internet, I am basically seeing nothing but heaping praise and enthusiasm.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Currently working through a Bloodborne replay.

Not going to get around to the Final Fantasy XVI demo, hopefully will be ready to play day 1 though.

Runa216 said:
Darashiva said:

I'll probably skip the FF16 demo and just wait for the full release, though what I'm hearing so far is making me very excited to play it. Wouldn't be surprise if it ends up as my GotY, but we'll see once the full game is out.

Nah man, play the demo. It's so good. I went from 'I'm excited' to 'I need this in my life now'. I do miss the days of turn-based combat but as time goes on I feel that stuff like Octopath and Bravely Default do it better. WE all know that the only reason turn based was a thing was because they couldn't do action based back then. It has its place but as a callback. 

I love both, and I highly recommend the Demo. Even on Twitter, the cesspit of the internet, I am basically seeing nothing but heaping praise and enthusiasm.

I might if I didn't have several other games I'm playing through already that I want to get done before FFXVI comes out. Xenoblade Chronicles especially is going to take long enough as it is.

Runa216 said:
Darashiva said:

It would be cool to have something like team Ryu Ga Gotoku seems to be doing with the Yakuza franchise. Make one series with turn based combat and one with free action.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A turn-based FF series would probably fall to Team Asano, so that would likely mean no more Octopath. Honestly, I'd rather have them keep working at a new franchise.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

A turn-based FF series would probably fall to Team Asano, so that would likely mean no more Octopath. Honestly, I'd rather have them keep working at a new franchise.

That already exists (Bravely Default)

No reason why both cant exist considering they've been releasing between the game releases for both series.

Bravely Default (3DS) - 2012
Bravely Second (3DS) - 2015
Bravely Default II (Switch, PC) - 2021

Octopath Traveler (Switch, PC, Xbox) - 2018, 2019 and 2021
Octopath Traveler II (PS4, PS5, Switch and PC) - 2023

I can see Bravely Third (?) being the next title, probably 2025.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 13 June 2023

BasilZero said:
haxxiy said:

No reason why both cant exist considering they've been releasing between the game releases for both series.

Bravely's development is outsourced, though.

Would SE see their flagship in the hand of other developers after having to reboot FF7R and how SoP turned out?

haxxiy said:

Would SE see their flagship in the hand of other developers after having to reboot FF7R and how SoP turned out?

I still cant believe SE gave Team Ninja another chance after the mess with FF Dissidia NT.

Capcom has created a survey post Capcom Showcase.

Do your part and vote for Breath of Fire Collection like I did !!!

https://www.capcom-games.com/showcase/en-us/

haxxiy said:
BasilZero said:

It's all outsourced as Asano is not one studio but Aquire and Silicon plus a couple of others and they did LIVE A LIVE, Triangle Strategy as well.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!