By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Astro Bot got home some hours ago, now I'm the one who needs to get there, but there are still 5 hours of work between us xD

Around the Network

Polyphony Digital does seem to have turned into a live service studio for Gran Turismo, so I'm guessing that's why they're in the "Evolving" chart. Definitely not Mutli-Genre unless Polyphony is secretly working on a new IP, which would be their first since 2006 with Tourist Trophy, but I don't think that even counts since it's GT with motorcycles lol so still same genre.

BraLoD said:

Astro Bot got home some hours ago, now I'm the one who needs to get there, but there are still 5 hours of work between us xD

Enjoy! Played it for a bit and its such a fun little game.

We need more fun quirky games from Sony 1st party.

Wait, there's no Square characters AT ALL in Astro Bot???? That's really surprising! Either way, can't wait to play this weekend!

That seems weird, because Cloud was in Astro's Playroom. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Wait, there's no Square characters AT ALL in Astro Bot???? That's really surprising! Either way, can't wait to play this weekend!

Top 10 Anime Betrayals

Found this on resetera 

Got 100% in the first two galaxies in Astro Bot and can already confirm: Astro GOTY is real.

Can't stop smiling while playing it, such a great game, a work of pure passion without a doubt.

It's been 84 years but finally, Gundam Breaker 4 was delivered. Going to built a lot of stuff from other games eventually like GB3 but now with more parts to choose from!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

G2ThaUNiT said:
twintail said:

Bend aren't making a live-service game. They're making an open-world with a multiplayer component to it, something akin to Tsushima w/ it's Legends MP mode. Unless their game is announced as otherwise, just because they were looking for someone with live-service knowledge doesn't change what we know about the game so far. Also, the sequel to Days Gone was intended to have a MP component. So I think that factors into our understanding of their new IP as well. 

How did you come to that conclusion about what they're working on? It is speculation though, although I doubt it's an accident that live service experience was explicitly listed thrice. Especially since we know that a decent chunk of the core PS Studios were working on live services. From London Studio, Naughty Dog, and even Insomniac. So it wouldn't be surprising at all if Bend is working on a live service game. It's been 5 years since Days Gone released and that was when Jim Ryan would've started pushing for live service games. And Bungie would've been brought on mid development to evaluate the legitimacy of the game as a live service.

I imagine we should be finding out exactly what Bend is working on real soon though. When it comes to PS Studios, Bend is the one that hasn't had a new release the longest.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/06/07/a-new-look-for-bend-studios-future-and-a-look-back-at-its-past/

Back in 2022 when they were talking about their new game, they said it was an open world that included MP.  Perhaps they've completely changed course, but I doubt it. Open-world with MP is exactly what Days Gone 2 was going to be, the creator has mentioned this before iirc.