By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

KazumaKiryu said:

Astro Bot in the next time :D Looks like a beautiful video game gem, cant wait.

limited controller:

I'm planning on getting Astro Bot at launch, and I'll probably preorder it. For years, I probably only preordered a game about once every 2 years. Now, I preorder about 2 games a year. I preordered Spider-Man 2 from PlayStation Direct and it arrived launch day before dinner. If I want the convenience of preloading Astro Bot and knowing exactly when I can play it, I'll go digital. Realistically, I'll probably get it physical. I can't believe it's going to be 66 GB. Sackboy is about 35 GB on PS4 and 32 GB on PS5. I would've expected about 40-50 GB for Astro Bot. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Astro Bot in the next time :D Looks like a beautiful video game gem, cant wait.

limited controller:

I'm planning on getting Astro Bot at launch, and I'll probably preorder it. For years, I probably only preordered a game about once every 2 years. Now, I preorder about 2 games a year. I preordered Spider-Man 2 from PlayStation Direct and it arrived launch day before dinner. If I want the convenience of preloading Astro Bot and knowing exactly when I can play it, I'll go digital. Realistically, I'll probably get it physical. I can't believe it's going to be 66 GB. Sackboy is about 35 GB on PS4 and 32 GB on PS5. I would've expected about 40-50 GB for Astro Bot. 

Astro Bot is going to have like 80 stages, and the game looks very good, but yeah, 66GB for PS5 is a lot.

@BraLoD It's big for a platformer, and how limited PS5 SSD storage is (included and how expensive M2s are), but it's not that big for a PS5 game in general.

Plenty of $60-$70 PS5 games are 80 GB - 150 GB, and a few eclipse 200 GB (at least one of the COD games).  

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Have any Concord reviews dropped yet? I forgot its official release was today.

coolbeans said:

69 on meta

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
coolbeans said:

69 on meta

This score sums up Jim ryans live service utopia dream, its perfect and fitting.

Not many reviews yet on either site.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Concord should have been canceled. It never looked more than a mid game aiming for an oversaturated niche. This will go down as Sony's Redfall now.

haxxiy said:

Concord should have been canceled. It never looked more than a mid game aiming for an oversaturated niche. This will go down as Sony's Redfall now.

Wait just a second!  Speaking as someone who was mixed on it after the open beta, that comparison is unfair to Concord.  MS & Arkane literally had to backpedal over 60fps at launch.

coolbeans said:

Wait just a second!  Speaking as someone who was mixed on it after the open beta, that comparison is unfair to Concord.  MS & Arkane literally had to backpedal over 60fps at launch.

I meant more in terms of sales than quality. This is mediocre, but Redfall was just horrible.