By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Are the servers fixed yet? I wanna do my part!

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:
hellobion2 said:

Would anyone here play halo on the PS5?

I don't like Halo but I liked Gears 5.

When I get a PS5, yes, but I'd only replay the older Bungie Halo games. 4 was ok, 5 was meh, and I have zero interest in Infinite.

I liked the first couple Gears as well but haven't played the others.

Doesn't look like those would be coming anytime soon, if at all, after the XB podcast info.

EricHiggin said:
-Adonis- said:

I don't like Halo but I liked Gears 5.

When I get a PS5, yes, but I'd only replay the older Bungie Halo games. 4 was ok, 5 was meh, and I have zero interest in Infinite.

I liked the first couple Gears as well but haven't played the others.

Doesn't look like those would be coming anytime soon, if at all, after the XB podcast info.

Infinite is pretty emblematic of why I can't keep any interest in Xbox stuff. I know virtually nothing about the singleplayer campaign, which tells me it wasn't the game's main focus, and all I've heard about the multiplayer is that it's a microtransaction-ridden mess and has been struggling with balance since day one. 

I like Sony and Nintendo because they make games with great stories and characters with a gameplay first mentality. I avoid stuff with microtransactions or GaaS mechanics and it seems most of Xbox's output includes that in some manner. That's why the only games on the Xbox I actually want right now are Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, and Pentiment. Two of those are coming to PS and the other I just got on PC for my birthday. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

EricHiggin said:

I'm not so sure XB will make a handheld. It wouldn't surprise me that much if they did, because it does sort of fit into play everywhere, but after todays podcast update, their focus was still clearly on performance and power in the future. That doesn't mean they can't have an XBSX2 next gen along with an XBS M or H (mobile/handheld), but after everything else they hinted at, they didn't seem to hint at different hardware at all. They also focused on what made the most business sense for XB, and putting XB games or GP on other (mobile and handheld) hardware makes more sense first, if they can grow that way.

Now if they do decide to make a handheld, I can't see them dropping the S model for an MH model. I'd guess they would just add it to the lineup. 3 'consoles' is pushing the limit as to consumer confusion, but if 1 is a handheld (could be a hybrid), that makes it a bit easier, having 2 consoles and 1 handheld. The XBSS is selling way too good to drop, and how many of those players will downgrade to an MH or upgrade to an X? The X has already been available, though was a bit hard to get for a while, yet even now, X sales aren't taking off. Unless XB feels really confident that most S owners and new customers will just get a MH, they won't and shouldn't drop the S model.

There was a handheld in the Xbox leaks. Also way too much smoke from Phil & other insiders in that regard.

I don't expect them to replace it outright (this gen, at leas) just that it having the same spec as a Series S makes the most sense.

Did anyone skip the FFVIIR demo to wait for the full release? I did.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

Just too many games and demos, I haven't had a chance to try out the Baldur's Gate 3, GranBlue, Final Fantasy VIIR, and Alan Wake 2 demos.

gooch_destroyer said:

Not me. Let's just say they're missing out on the gaming equivalent of free samples at the ice cream parlor – you gotta taste the goodness before the whole scoop arrives!

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
gooch_destroyer said:

You get something for completing the demo. Plus you get to skip the area if you beat the demo. So really it's no time wasted.

I am waiting until the 21 where they add more content.

I like getting a jump on playing the game since they will allow you to skip over the area when the game actually comes out.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

Bandorr said:
gooch_destroyer said:

You get something for completing the demo. Plus you get to skip the area if you beat the demo. So really it's no time wasted.

I like getting a jump on playing the game since they will allow you to skip over the area when the game actually comes out.

So is it the very beginning of the game? Or I'd have a weird-ass skip shoved in the middle of the narrative?

haxxiy said:
Bandorr said:

So is it the very beginning of the game? Or I'd have a weird-ass skip shoved in the middle of the narrative?

We're starting from the very beginning, no weird-ass skips in sight! EDIT: on the 20th, they're sprucing up the demo, fine-tuning it for peak performance, like giving your favorite car a sweet tune-up before hitting the racetrack.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 16 February 2024

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5