By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

the-pi-guy said:
trunkswd said:

As someone who plays PlayStation (and Xbox) games on PC I am wondering who here played Horizon Forbidden West? It is coming to PC in March and I am wondering if it is worth the full price or if I should wait for a sale. I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn, but didn't love it. I don't know how much has improved with the sequel. 

I'll 100% get God of War Ragnarök the day it comes out on PC as I loved God of War (2018) and I want to see where the story goes in the sequel. 

I think overall, if you didn't love Horizon 1, you won't love Horizon 2. 

There's lots of small gameplay improvements, I would argue some small steps back as well.

Visually is the biggest jump. Horizon 2 looks insane. The animations are a huge jump up in terms of quality and how dynamic they are. 

I think I would wait for a sale. It's a great game, but it's not wildly different from the first as an experience.

Thank you. I'll wait for a sale before picking it up. Hopefully the Steam summer sale sees it down to $40 from $60 at launch. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

I'm really curious as to how far PS may eventually go in terms of multiplat releases in the future. In just a matter of a few years, we now have major first-party PS games being ported to PC albeit heavily delayed including the purchase of a dedicated PC porting studio, Death Stranding was able to make it to PC Game Pass due to Sony licensing the publishing rights of the game on PC, the purchase of Bungie yet Bungie still remaining fully multiplat, MLB: The Show going fully multiplat (although I'm sure not Sony's choice) multiplayer games now being put on PC day in date with console starting with Helldivers 2 this week, and it currently seems to be the Until Dawn remaster (a single player game) may be put on PC day in date with console as well.

Sony's CEO made it clear console will of course be the primary focus, but everything is in such disarray, who knows what the gaming landscape will look like by the end of the decade.

I'm pretty deep into Spider-Man 2 now. Got fast travel enabled in all districts, and yeah, fast travel in the game is absolutely amazing lol. Best I've ever experienced in a game before.

But I've been getting all the open world activities out of the way whenever they pop up on the map, so I'm not insanely deep in the main story I don't think. I'm right at the point from last years showcase where you're chasing down Lizard on the river. I'd say at least a little past the halfway point.

The Symbiote Suit is absolutely awesome though! Before getting it, I was very lukewarm on the game. I'm honestly not really digging how Miles part of the story is playing out tbh, but even with the web wings and spider-arms, it just didn't feel all that dissimilar from the previous games. Kinda like going from Avatar to Avatar 2 where a lot of the major improvements were more under the hood and not so much the viewer themselves could take in. I was just like, cool, more Spider-Man is a good thing. But.......that first moment you get the Symbiote Suit and you get the abilities and that sound of the bass with every punch you land and Spider-Man just throwing everyone down, I just went "oh hell yeah! This is what I was hoping for!"

I'm about 75% done with all the open world activities including several trophies gained, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the remainder of the story plays out and when Venom is introduced!

G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm pretty deep into Spider-Man 2 now. Got fast travel enabled in all districts, and yeah, fast travel in the game is absolutely amazing lol. Best I've ever experienced in a game before.

But I've been getting all the open world activities out of the way whenever they pop up on the map, so I'm not insanely deep in the main story I don't think. I'm right at the point from last years showcase where you're chasing down Lizard on the river. I'd say at least a little past the halfway point.

The Symbiote Suit is absolutely awesome though! Before getting it, I was very lukewarm on the game. I'm honestly not really digging how Miles part of the story is playing out tbh, but even with the web wings and spider-arms, it just didn't feel all that dissimilar from the previous games. Kinda like going from Avatar to Avatar 2 where a lot of the major improvements were more under the hood and not so much the viewer themselves could take in. I was just like, cool, more Spider-Man is a good thing. But.......that first moment you get the Symbiote Suit and you get the abilities and that sound of the bass with every punch you land and Spider-Man just throwing everyone down, I just went "oh hell yeah! This is what I was hoping for!"

I'm about 75% done with all the open world activities including several trophies gained, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the remainder of the story plays out and when Venom is introduced!

Great game. One of my few platinums.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

PixelPirate said:

Anyone played Granblue Fantasy: Relink? Looks very interesting to me. Also heard it was 'shorter' than most JRPG's which I like. Gameplay looks similar to Tales of Arise.

I have been doing propaganda for this game. ^^

The combats are even better than Tales of Arise and FF.

The story is just the beginning says the reviews and players, majority of what you play is after the story. I haven't finished the game yet. I LOVE IT.

Around the Network

Starting Monday off with my first game of February platinumed, Baldur’s Gate 3. That was an adventure to say the least.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I see Helldivers 2 is currently at number 6 on Steam's global best sellers chart! Number 5 if you remove the Steam Deck. That initial interest is certainly there.

Hell I'm actually thinking of picking it up. Looks like a ton of fun with your friends! I play PvP occasionally, but a squad based PvE game could be a lot of fun. Reminds me of a souped up Firefight mode from Halo. 

G2ThaUNiT said:

I'm really curious as to how far PS may eventually go in terms of multiplat releases in the future. In just a matter of a few years, we now have major first-party PS games being ported to PC albeit heavily delayed including the purchase of a dedicated PC porting studio, Death Stranding was able to make it to PC Game Pass due to Sony licensing the publishing rights of the game on PC, the purchase of Bungie yet Bungie still remaining fully multiplat, MLB: The Show going fully multiplat (although I'm sure not Sony's choice) multiplayer games now being put on PC day in date with console starting with Helldivers 2 this week, and it currently seems to be the Until Dawn remaster (a single player game) may be put on PC day in date with console as well.

Sony's CEO made it clear console will of course be the primary focus, but everything is in such disarray, who knows what the gaming landscape will look like by the end of the decade.

I think stuff like Death Stranding and MLB are outliers. DS was before Sony's push to PC, and Kojima having a PC release clause seems to be the reason it was allowed. MLB was probably pressure from MLB itself - I wouldn't be surprised if Sony were also granted exclusivity for MLB in exchange. 

Otherwise, everything else seems to me to be set in stone: PS first PC 2nd unless it's an MP focussed game. Though it should be remembered that Sony published a PC version of the first Helldivers a few months after the console release. 

Until Dawn is interesting though. I feel like it's not PS5 PC on release, but both are 2024. Or, UD is niche enough that it's worth exploring day 1. That is to say, I don't think UD is moving PS5 consoles so delaying the PC version makes little sense.

I finished Terra's story in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep last night and started on Ventus' story this morning.

That last boss battle for Terra is so bullshit - the fact that the final boss can get me down to less than half health in one combo even after power leveling is bull shit lol

I forgot to add that the PS2 was my first console that I played a lot. But my first experience with playstation was actually taking one from school and playing school games on it.

BiON!@