By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

DonFerrari said:

Shuhei said that during PS3 times for Sony titles, and it was evident from the sales they reported (and the ones they didn't) and a lot of smaller titles. For PS4 that changed and almost all of their titles broke 5 or even 10M (on PS3 only like 2 or 3 titles managed 10M).

This was from early PS4. 

But I'm not applying Shuhei's comments to current Sony. I'm applying it to the industry as a whole. 

I am pretty sure current Sony makes money on most of their games. Except for a few published ones like Destruction All Stars.

But the industry as a whole, I am pretty certain most games, single player or otherwise don't end up making a profit. 

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Well i have to see it to believe , if its sucess everone wins because we will see even more ports of games. Hi fi rush IMO will be a sucess, not mindblowing but it will be worth it, but i think its a stupid decision if they just port it to ps4 and not ps5, its like saying we dont like money 😆

I think the reason why the rumor says its possible it will be on PS4 is because its not a high demanding game (This would also align with the rumor that HiFi rush is coming to Switch) - even though PS5 has sold a lot, there's users who havent fully migrated over.

Besides PS4 games are b/c on PS5 so it wouldnt matter since it would be targeting the PS5 userbase and the stragglers who are still on PS4.

BasilZero said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Well i have to see it to believe , if its sucess everone wins because we will see even more ports of games. Hi fi rush IMO will be a sucess, not mindblowing but it will be worth it, but i think its a stupid decision if they just port it to ps4 and not ps5, its like saying we dont like money 😆

I think the reason why the rumor says its possible it will be on PS4 is because its not a high demanding game (This would also align with the rumor that HiFi rush is coming to Switch) - even though PS5 has sold a lot, there's users who havent fully migrated over.

Besides PS4 games are b/c on PS5 so it wouldnt matter since it would be targeting the PS5 userbase and the stragglers who are still on PS4.

It would be weird if a MS game comes to PS4 and not Xbox One...

Zippy6 said:

I dont find that strange at all.

MS chose to release the game on Series S/X and not XBO for whatever reason.

However...

PS4's userbase is bigger than Xbox One's userbase and on top of that if they make a Switch version, that means the game is gonna be downgraded a bit to be able to run, it would make sense to release it on PS4 because the PS4 is stronger than the Switch.

But who knows, we'll have to wait and see assuming the rumors are true.

BasilZero said:
Zippy6 said:

I dont find that strange at all.

MS chose to release the game on Series S/X and not XBO for whatever reason.

However...

PS4's userbase is bigger than Xbox One's userbase and on top of that if they make a Switch version, that means the game is gonna be downgraded a bit to be able to run, it would make sense to release it on PS4 because the PS4 is stronger than the Switch.

But who knows, we'll have to wait and see assuming the rumors are true.

It wouldn't be weird for every publisher other than MS. It would seem like a massive dick move to Xbox One customers imo if they ported it to the PS4 and ignored their own last-gen console.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

It wouldn't be weird for every publisher other than MS. It would seem like a massive dick move to Xbox One customers imo if they ported it to the PS4 and ignored their own last-gen console.

Nah, Xbox customers are used to taking up the backside.  Par for the course.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

the-pi-guy said:
DonFerrari said:

Shuhei said that during PS3 times for Sony titles, and it was evident from the sales they reported (and the ones they didn't) and a lot of smaller titles. For PS4 that changed and almost all of their titles broke 5 or even 10M (on PS3 only like 2 or 3 titles managed 10M).

This was from early PS4. 

But I'm not applying Shuhei's comments to current Sony. I'm applying it to the industry as a whole. 

I am pretty sure current Sony makes money on most of their games. Except for a few published ones like Destruction All Stars.

But the industry as a whole, I am pretty certain most games, single player or otherwise don't end up making a profit. 

I don't doubt that industry wide it is still something like you said that only 30% or so of the titles are profitable.

And yes it being from early PS4 it would be reflecting what was their strategy on PS3, because after couple years on PS4 life almost all their titles were big hitters.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The Last of Us is doing quite well at the Emmys: https://www.emmys.com/shows/last-us

24 nominations, 8 wins. Well deserved.

Whilst I didn’t like some of changes the show made it was still enjoyable, currently rewatching it before my part1&2 replays. Also just found out Uncharted TLOT collection has a 120fps mode … guess my 2024 resolution of less replays has failed 😂

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Dualsense V2 is coming. 12 hour battery life. A very welcome upgrade.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/playstation-5-v2-dualsense-wireless-controller-white/17668451