By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy 267 Million Hours Played. Over 10 million players?

curl-6 said:

According to WB's Senior Brand Manager, Hogwarts Legacy sold 256% bigger than planned at launch:

https://insider-gaming.com/hogwarts-legacy-sales/

It exceeded 12 million sales and $850m in two weeks.

In a orher universe, Square Enix released the game and was disappointed by the sales

Around the Network
Barozi said:
SKMBlake said:

Well if I dare to do an apples to oranges comparison, Nier Automata runs at 900p with a non-stable 60fps on PS4 but 1080p at a very stable 30fps on Switch.

If they put the effort in it, they can do a great stuff.

Well the increase in resolution is only 30% while PS4 targets to increase FPS by 100%. Even if PS4 doesn't reach a stable framerate (no clue how close it is on reaching 60 FPS), it takes much more power to run a game in 900p 60 FPS compared to 1080p 30 FPS. And as you mentioned it is an apples to oranges comparison as the Switch port came out over 5 years later. 5 years in which new performance saving solutions have been created. I have no doubt that they could release a new PS4 version tomorrow that runs the game with a 1080p resolution and a stable 60 FPS framerate (obviously that would take more than a simple patch).

But you're kinda proving my point. There's a gap between each of the following consoles (in that order): Series S, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.

My guess is:

Series S: Performance: 792p 60 FPS (very unstable), Fidelity: 1080p 30 FPS (rather stable)
One X: likely no performance mode; 1200p-ish 30 FPS with lower visual detail than Series S fidelity mode (same for every following console)
PS4 Pro: likely no performance mode; 1080p 30 FPS
PS4: definitely no performance mode; 900p 30 FPS
XOne: definitely no performance mode; 720-800p 30 FPS
Switch: definitely no performance mode; 600p-ish 30 FPS (docked)

Let's see how my prediction holds up.

One X: 1440p stable 30 FPS; unlocked framerate mode that mostly runs roughly at 35 FPS with lower visual detail than Series S fidelity mode (same for every following console)
PS4 Pro: 1080p stable 30 FPS; unlocked framerate mode that mostly runs at 40 FPS.
PS4: 900p unstable 30 FPS; unlocked framerate mode that mostly runs slightly above 35 FPS
XOne: 720p unstable 30 FPS; unlocked framerate mode that mostly runs slightly above 30 FPS
Switch: not yet released

Damn I was good.

Guess it's pretty clear why the Switch version had to be delayed again. 720p with a stable 30 FPS would be an absolute miracle.

SKMBlake said:
curl-6 said:

According to WB's Senior Brand Manager, Hogwarts Legacy sold 256% bigger than planned at launch:

https://insider-gaming.com/hogwarts-legacy-sales/

It exceeded 12 million sales and $850m in two weeks.

In a orher universe, Square Enix released the game and was disappointed by the sales

eh, if SE had released the game then it probably would've been shit and deserved disappointing sales.

I mean, an Avengers game could've easily sold similar numbers, but look at how that went with SE in charge!