By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shtinamin_ said:

I understand that in the GOP and the Democratic Party there is a "ladder" on who will be the Presidential nominee for the two parties. Is that notion correct?
Example:
2008 Obama and McCain
2012 Obama and Romney
2016 Hillary and (was originally supposed to be Ted Cruz) Trump (he came in and disrupted the "ladder")
2020 Biden and Trump
2024 (Supposed to be Gavin Newsom) Biden and (supposed to be Ron DeSantis) Trump.

Let's just say that Biden does somehow die before the 2024 election, who would be the Democrat Nominee for President?
The possibilities I can think of are:
Gavin Newsom
Dean Phillips
Marianne Williamson

The ladder is just people's tendency to vote for someone they've heard of, and agree with.

Sanders probably would have been the Democratic nominee if Biden did not run in 2020.  

Around the Network
ToolFan89 said:

Are you serious you think Biden is lesser of the two evils we need trump to make America pop again I’m not swayed by either party both evil but Biden is a puppet who sucks at even that lol at least with trump I had lots of income flying into my household tons of overtime economy is terrible inflation is extremely high in USA for everyone and u think Biden should stay in office man arnt u from Canada anyway? 

A few people have responded to the meat of this post, but I just want to say in regards to your finances, high interest rates means that your money should be printing money right now. If you aren't making a solid return on your investments that is on you, not on Biden (and if you didn't have investments, were your personal finances really doing so great pre-Biden?). 

LurkerJ said:

I am glad Bernie is vindicated, 8 years later, this is going to be a joke and an election. I still hope Biden wins, if he lives long enough to make it. Which raises the question, what happens if Biden dies just before the elections? If Trump dies, great, no problems there. But in a scenario in which Biden dies this year, what does the DNC think will happen when they are the ones who decided there is no room for anybody else? I am not being mean, both candidates look like they can go any minute, Biden more so than Trump, where are you contingency plans? 

Both parties have similar rules for this exact contingency. If he dies, the DNC convenes to elect a replacement candidate, which in theory can be anyone, not necessarily the VP. The delegates are free to choose independently of the primaries.

If he dies after being elected but before January 20th, on the other hand, the VP becomes the President.

haxxiy said:
LurkerJ said:

I am glad Bernie is vindicated, 8 years later, this is going to be a joke and an election. I still hope Biden wins, if he lives long enough to make it. Which raises the question, what happens if Biden dies just before the elections? If Trump dies, great, no problems there. But in a scenario in which Biden dies this year, what does the DNC think will happen when they are the ones who decided there is no room for anybody else? I am not being mean, both candidates look like they can go any minute, Biden more so than Trump, where are you contingency plans? 

Both parties have similar rules for this exact contingency. If he dies, the DNC convenes to elect a replacement candidate, which in theory can be anyone, not necessarily the VP. The delegates are free to choose independently of the primaries.

If he dies after being elected but before January 20th, on the other hand, the VP becomes the President.

Who would be the most likely backup of each party? 

At least who do you think would be.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:

That is contingent on what Harris would do, the optics would be really bad if she became president and wanted to run and they chose someone else. If she explicitly doesn't want to run, it'd be Newsom. If she did, they'd be locked into her or else risk losing a ton of black female votes in the elections (the most reliable D demographic).

As for the Republicans, it'd likely be De Santis.

Around the Network
ToolFan89 said:

Are you serious you think Biden is lesser of the two evils we need trump to make America pop again I’m not swayed by either party both evil but Biden is a puppet who sucks at even that lol at least with trump I had lots of income flying into my household tons of overtime economy is terrible inflation is extremely high in USA for everyone and u think Biden should stay in office man arnt u from Canada anyway? 

Yes, Biden is the lesser of two evils. He is that way on pretty much every metric. Better on foreign policy, better on climate change, healthcare. To be clear no, I'm not saying Biden is "good". Lots of room for improvement. 

Inflation is about changing prices. Inflation dropping to 0, does not undo the inflation that we saw over the last few years. There's a reason why bread doesn't cost 1 cent anymore, and why cars don't cost $500 anymore. In order for that to happen, you need deflation. Which is generally regarded by economists as not good.

I would say that broadly, the current state of economic affairs in the US is in a lot of ways down to Republicans messing things up, and Democrats not really doing enough to fix anything. There are quite a few trends where you can trace the US falling behind everyone else to Reagan's presidency. 

haxxiy said:
Shtinamin_ said:

That is contingent on what Harris would do, the optics would be really bad if she became president and wanted to run and they chose someone else. If she explicitly doesn't want to run, it'd be Newsom. If she did, they'd be locked into her or else risk losing a ton of black female votes in the elections (the most reliable D demographic).

That makes sense on the DNC side, though if Trump went away I feel like Vivek would have stay in the race and just enter the "Trump" position and gain all of the Trump voters (He already had 3 of Trumps delegates, that wouldve been for Trump I assume).

Whats the percent of black female voters (for Biden, for Trump) suspected to be in 2024?

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

haxxiy said:
Shtinamin_ said:

That makes sense on the DNC side, though if Trump went away I feel like Vivek would have stay in the race and just enter the "Trump" position and gain all of the Trump voters (He already had 3 of Trumps delegates, that wouldve been for Trump I assume).

Whats the percent of black female voters (for Biden, for Trump) suspected to be in 2024?

ToolFan89 said:

The thing with inflation is that it started to occur during COVID.

...When Trump was in power.

Printing 6.7~ trillion dollars of additional debt and pumping it into the economy devalues the dollar, placing additional price pressures on business.
(Which breaks one of Trumps promises that he will pay down debt.)

Add on the COVID supply/demand pressures which caused a rise in local goods and services...

Add on the trade war, which also added additional price pressures...

COVID employment market accounted for a chunk of the inflationary pressures as well.

This all occurred under Trump, it was literally a perfect storm during the peak of COVID denial-ism by the USA.

As an Australian... The main perception is that the USA is less of a drama-filled clown show with biden in power, where-as Trump was just an endless comedy act that kept on giving.

Trump is a literal narcissist... He will take credit and promote himself at every opportunity, even if it was someone elses work... But any slight inconvenience or issue that *may* make himself look bad, it's always someone elses fault, he has no accountability.

He will whinge and moan how he is attacked by his opponents, but will do the exact same thing in return, he always acts like the victim to garner sympathy votes.

I am honestly hoping for the USA's sake that Trump is not re-elected, but for comedy value... I am hoping he is re-elected.
So I am torn between two places.

Hiku said:

I know it's a meme that Americans are commonly unaware of anything that happens outside of their country, but the amount of times I see people not aware that there is high inflation worldwide is still surprising.

Not only that, but USA has among the lowest inflation rates of the bunch. They're handling this situation well compared to the rest.

<SNIP>

So if you want to attribute all that to Biden, that's actually high praise.

I think Australia has handled the inflation issue pretty badly.

Although that is starting to change... A large portion of our inflation is due to supermarkets "fleecing" consumers with significantly higher prices, more than the rate of inflation.
Now there is a full investigation into it to find out what is going on and hold these companies accountable.

the-pi-guy said:

Inflation is about changing prices. Inflation dropping to 0, does not undo the inflation that we saw over the last few years. There's a reason why bread doesn't cost 1 cent anymore, and why cars don't cost $500 anymore. In order for that to happen, you need deflation. Which is generally regarded by economists as not good.

The good thing is that debt generally doesn't increase at the rate of inflation.

So if you borrowed $1 and inflation increases by 10%, you don't owe $1.10. You still owe $1.
So it's actually a good time to pay that debt down when you have a larger supply of money in the system... Especially before there is an economic contraction. (Which is a matter of when not if.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Shtinamin_ said:

Vivek, as well as Haley, has a sort of, er, disadvantage when it comes to being chosen as a candidate. So I'm not sure.

Black female voters usually go D over R by like 90 points.