By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I know Biden is old but it feels a bit odd to talk about "what if he dies before the election" all of a sudden, I mean sure he could die tomorrow (as could anyone) but other than that it ain't like he's showing signs that he's on deaths door, Lol. The fella likely has an entire army of medical professionals around him as any president would as well.

I would like someone else younger to run but I don't see many alternatives capable of winning the election (Bernie is both incapable and older than Biden), America is still largely centrist and it's also risky to replace Biden when he's the incumbent. I do think Newsom will be the one Democrats throw their weight behind in 2028 though and from what I've seen, he would easily beat any of the current Republican challengers in debates.

I hope Americans don't cut their nose off to spite their face though. If they think Trump won't be at minimum equally as bad for Palestinians as Biden is then they're in for a nasty surprise, alongside that Ukraine would be thrown under the bus (congrats, two genocides) and minorities in America would be utterly fucked once again (especially trans-people) and Trump showing utter disregard for law of the land.

It'd be a disaster for Middle-East, Ukraine, America, NATO and Europe.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 January 2024

Around the Network

Yes unfortunately Biden is still the lesser of two evils. And the campaigns from Muslim groups to abandon Biden really have no alternative :/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/muslim-americans-face-abandon-biden-dilemma-then-who-2023-12-02/

Muslim American leaders from six battleground states on Saturday vowed to mobilize their communities against President Joe Biden's reelection over his support of Israel's war in Gaza, but they have yet to settle on an alternative 2024 candidate.

The states are among a handful that allowed Biden to win the 2020 election. Opposition from their sizeable Muslim and Arab American communities could complicate the president's path to Electoral College victory next year.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4356645-arab-muslim-americans-could-abandon-biden-democrats-warn-advocates/

They'll change stance as Trump is much worse for them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/20/i-think-islam-hates-us-a-timeline-of-trumps-comments-about-islam-and-muslims/
https://theintercept.com/2023/07/11/trump-muslim-ban-gop/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/17/trump-muslim-ban-gaza-refugees
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20231029-trump-pledges-to-reimpose-muslim-travel-ban-at-jewish-gathering

That leaves it up to young voters in the swing states
https://www.vox.com/politics/24034416/young-voters-biden-trump-gen-z-polling-israel-gaza-economy-2024-election

Which mostly depends if they'll actually come out to vote and if Trump can actually promise them something more than a protest vote against Biden. Protest votes do seem to work in Europe though :/ And US political campaigns are all about mudslinging... However got to give gen z some credit, they're much less easily persuaded by traditional media and political theater. Trump does seem to be more successful with social media influencers :/

4 more years of Trump, please no.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 15 January 2024

I am calling it, if Trump loses Iowa to Haley, he will say that there was fraud and it was stolen. Man, I hope she can win because the meltdown will be epic.

Ryuu96 said:

I know Biden is old but it feels a bit odd to talk about "what if he dies before the election" all of a sudden, I mean sure he could die tomorrow (as could anyone) but other than that it ain't like he's showing signs that he's on deaths door, Lol. The fella likely has an entire army of medical professionals around him as any president would as well.

I would like someone else younger to run but I don't see many alternatives capable of winning the election (Bernie is both incapable and older than Biden), America is still largely centrist and it's also risky to replace Biden when he's the incumbent. I do think Newsom will be the one Democrats throw their weight behind in 2028 though and from what I've seen, he would easily beat any of the current Republican challengers in debates.

I hope Americans don't cut their nose off to spite their face though. If they think Trump won't be at minimum equally as bad for Palestinians as Biden is then they're in for a nasty surprise, alongside that Ukraine would be thrown under the bus (congrats, two genocides) and minorities in America would be utterly fucked once again (especially trans-people) and Trump showing utter disregard for law of the land.

It'd be a disaster for Middle-East, Ukraine, America, NATO and Europe.

IT's funny because I don't know any democrats/liberals who actually LIKE Biden...we just all sort of unanimously agree he's the best option we have and virtually anything is better than...well, pretty much any republican. Because republicans are conservative/regressive and as we've seen these last few years, that's actively, provably bad for a significant portion of the population. 

We don't like biden but we LOATHE Trump (And pretty much any conservative 'leader'. So we vote biden. I wish we had Bernie, though. He actually had some good ideas. Like the Canadian NDP, VERY good ideas that are proven to work but require so much fundamental change in the public eye it'll never happen. At this point America is so close to an actual civil war between the right and the left I don't see any actual positive (or negative) change happening any time soon. No matter what democrats do or try to do, half the senate will vote against it becuase the democrats want it. And likewise, anything a republican does or wants to do will be blocked by Democrats regardless of whether it's good or not (though let's be honest, like 95% of republican policies are demonstrably bad for the population, the economy, and the environment).

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Oh well, Trump pretty much crushed Iowa but then again is that turn out really that big for the state. I was reading there is over 2 mill registered voters but less than 100K GOP registered voters voted. Maybe I was expecting a much bigger turn out or is the state GOP party not that big.

Around the Network

Are you serious you think Biden is lesser of the two evils we need trump to make America pop again I’m not swayed by either party both evil but Biden is a puppet who sucks at even that lol at least with trump I had lots of income flying into my household tons of overtime economy is terrible inflation is extremely high in USA for everyone and u think Biden should stay in office man arnt u from Canada anyway? 

ToolFan89 said:

Are you serious you think Biden is lesser of the two evils we need trump to make America pop again I’m not swayed by either party both evil but Biden is a puppet who sucks at even that lol at least with trump I had lots of income flying into my household tons of overtime economy is terrible inflation is extremely high in USA for everyone and u think Biden should stay in office man arnt u from Canada anyway? 

Maybe if Trump had not denied the pandemic for as long as he did and actually handled the situation, the inflation wouldn't be that high today. The economy being bad today is on Trump. Biden was left with the mess to clean up after Trump.

Trump is hoping for a crash ffs while Biden actually did a decent job to avert a crash
https://thehill.com/business/4401101-trump-biden-economy-recession-inflation/

ToolFan89 said:

I know it's a meme that Americans are commonly unaware of anything that happens outside of their country, but the amount of times I see people not aware that there is high inflation worldwide is still surprising.

Not only that, but USA has among the lowest inflation rates of the bunch. They're handling this situation well compared to the rest.

So if you want to attribute all that to Biden, that's actually high praise.

Last edited by Hiku - on 16 January 2024

ToolFan89 said:

Just wondering but what particular policy that Trump enacted that made the US economy pop as you say.  How much is the economy run by the president office or government in general and how much is other outside forces.  What policies has Biden passed that effected the economy and in what manner.

Ryuu96 said:

I understand that in the GOP and the Democratic Party there is a "ladder" on who will be the Presidential nominee for the two parties. Is that notion correct?
Example:
2008 Obama and McCain
2012 Obama and Romney
2016 Hillary and (was originally supposed to be Ted Cruz) Trump (he came in and disrupted the "ladder")
2020 Biden and Trump
2024 (Supposed to be Gavin Newsom) Biden and (supposed to be Ron DeSantis) Trump.

Let's just say that Biden does somehow die before the 2024 election, who would be the Democrat Nominee for President?
The possibilities I can think of are:
Gavin Newsom
Dean Phillips
Marianne Williamson

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.