By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console launch aligned sales charts: December 2023 Global

Everyone seems concerned about the ps5 but it seems to be doing well.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Everyone seems concerned about the ps5 but it seems to be doing well.

That's how it usually is on here.

JRPGfan said:
curl-6 said:

Xbox Series... yikes, 3rd worse year 3 on record. MS better pray Hellblade and Indiana Jones live up to the hype, or even 45 million might be out of reach.

From the Developer Direct.

Indiana Jones was not a 3rd person adventure game, but a 1st person one, with odd looking combat (with the whip, and gun), and more puzzle solveing than combat. I suspect this is going to dissapoint some, that where wishing for a xbox version of Uncharted.  I think the story elements will carry this.

Hellblade, was announced to be a smaller slimmer experiance, than the first game.
Ei. 8-9hours or so to beat.

Avowed and Visions of Mana, looked good though.
Ara History untold... looks nice too, though its a genre that might not be everyones cup of tea.

I dont think the games this year, will make xbox sell more hardware than last year.

Like read this thread on Indy (from resetera) (pretty pro xbox site now tbh):
https://www.resetera.com/threads/indiana-jones-and-the-great-circle-releasing-late-2024-first-person-with-third-person-mixed-in.806934/

Alot of people seem turned off by what they saw of it.

Hellblade 1 was already a relatively short experience, there's nothing wrong with that; I for one would take a condensed 8 hour experience over a bloated 20+ hour experience. If it's as great as the first game it might push me to buy an Xbox.

As for Indy, we simply haven't seen enough to draw these kind of conclusions. Machine Games are a mostly very competent dev, Wolfenstein The New Order and The New Colossus were excellent. It doesn't need to be an Xbox version of Uncharted, in fact I think it's better that its seeking its own identity instead of just retreading well worn ground.