By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch becomes the best selling home console in France

https://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tech/en-france-la-console-nintendo-switch-surpasse-les-records-de-vente-de-la-wii-20230115

According to newspaper Le Figaro, the Nintendo Switch is now the best selling home console with 7,09 million unit solds, in front of the Wii (6,3 million) and the PS4 (6 million).

The article specifically exclude the handhelds.

EDIT: 987,000 units sold in 2022

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 16 January 2023

Around the Network

Is it the number 2 console overall including handhelds? I know the DS is number 1 and unreachable with 12 million.

ShadowLink93 said:

Is it the number 2 console overall including handhelds? I know the DS is number 1 and unreachable with 12 million.

Number 1 including consoles only 

Number 2 including handhelds.

About the numbers, is a decrease of about 25% compared to 2021. 

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 16 January 2023

So the Nintendo Switch was down significantly YoY in France too, despite holding strong in Spain.

I wonder how close the Switch will get to the DS in France, probably more difficult than Japan.

Farsala said:

So the Nintendo Switch was down significantly YoY in France too, despite holding strong in Spain.

I wonder how close the Switch will get to the DS in France, probably more difficult than Japan.

The correct data indicates that Switch is also down YoY in Spain compared to 2021, but the decrease is very minimal, Japan was around 12.5% and the UK around 28%

Will be interesting to see how much the decrease is in the US.

I was expecting a WW decrease of about 20% compared to 2021 but it could be more. 

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Number 1 including consoles only 

Number 2 including handhelds.

About the numbers, is a decrease of about 25% compared to 2021. 

Thanks, Surprising that PS2 is below PS4. I would have expected the PS2 to sell about the same as it did in the UK (10 million).

kazuyamishima said:
Farsala said:

The correct data indicates that Switch is also down YoY in Spain compared to 2021, but the decrease is very minimal, Japan was around 12.5% and the UK around 28%

Will be interesting to see how much the decrease is in the US.

I was expecting a WW decrease of about 20% compared to 2021 but it could be more. 

Yeah it still isn't too bad in Spain.

I expected the 28% drop to be in Japan, but the Japanese centric games kept sales very strong. Interesting that UK and France were closer to that 28% drop than other markets.

ShadowLink93 said:

10.6mil, still unreachable.

Very impressive performance in France.

Is it a home console though? Or let's put it this way, how many people would buy it if it wasn't portable?

Dante9 said:

Is it a home console though?

Yes

Dante9 said:

Or let's put it this way, how many people would buy it if it wasn't portable?

Yes