By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2022 Thread - #1 MWII, #2 Pokemon S/V, #3 GoW Ragnarok

So, it appears we have not yet gotten a hardware number for December.
I'd appreciate it if someone could post them if they are obtained.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/npd-december-2022-1-mw2-2-pokemon-3-god-of-war-nsw-1-units-ps5-2-ps5-1-revenue-nsw-2-update-full-report-out.1311/page-9

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/npd-december-2022-1-mw2-2-pokemon-3-god-of-war-nsw-1-units-ps5-2-ps5-1-revenue-nsw-2-update-full-report-out.1311/page-9

I've been hoping the leaker would have posted December figures for the US. But nothing yet. 

VGC December 2022 estimates for the US are currently at:

1. NS: 1.40M
  2. PS5: 1.37M
  3. XS: 0.97M

If we get a leak I will updates our estimates.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I've been hoping the leaker would have posted December figures for the US. But nothing yet. 

Yes, please update when you get the leak.

Hmmm, I doubt XBS will go up 33% from 730,000 units in November.

PS5 is probably around 1.4 million.
Probably sold more than the Switch.

My prediction.
PS5 1400k
SW. 1300k
XBS. 700k

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
trunkswd said:

My prediction.
PS5 1400k
SW. 1300k
XBS. 700k

We already know the Switch sold the most units in December. We already got the report from NPD two weeks ago.

Kakadu18 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

My prediction.
PS5 1400k
SW. 1300k
XBS. 700k

We already know the Switch sold the most units in December. We already got the report from NPD two weeks ago.

Oh shoot.
Benji said December was the best selling month ever for PS5, so my bad.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Kakadu18 said:

Oh shoot.
Benji said December was the best selling month ever for PS5, so my bad.

That came from Sony and was about worldwide. Although it does seem like they didn't get that good stock in Europe where it was down year over year so in the US it have had it's best month ever.

January NPD is out.

Blood_Tears said:

January NPD is out.

Growth for PS and Switch, unlike Xbox. Just as in the UK.

I think the first half of 2023 will be hard for Xbox.

Blood_Tears said:

January NPD is out.

I am working on the article right now. As soon as I am done with it I will get the January 2023 NPD thread posted. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

PS5 and Switch both up YoY but overall hardware down YoY...

Xbox has had a really tough few months. It's not looking good for the series at all to be declining YoY at this early stage in its life, bad holiday and it's continued into January. Starfield might be the first point it can attempt to reverse that worrying trend.