By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Official Game of the Year Awards 2022 - Results Thread

Best Racing Game of 2022

Pretty similar story to Best Platformer here. A clear favourite that won comfortably with well over half the vote. The most surprising thing was an Apple Arcade exclusive coming a solid third and getting over 12% of the community vote.

Around the Network

Best Strategy Game of 2022

This year's Strategy category had a clear favourite from the start, and it finished on 53.27% of the vote. The runner-up got 20.83%.

Last edited by Machina - on 15 January 2023

Best Simulation Game of 2022

This was a very close result, with the top 3 games ending up within 3% of one another, at 26.73%, 23.99%, and 23.91%. Even the fourth place game did very well (17.56%).

Best VR Game of 2022

Perhaps unsurprisingly this was the least voted on category, with 67% of respondents casting a vote. In the end the winner managed just over half of the vote.

Machina said:

This year's Strategy category had a clear favourite from the start, and it finished on 53.27% of the vote. The runner-up got 20.83%.

I clicked through all the categories out of interest, but this one stuck out with its absence of Triangle Strategy among its nominees. How did this happen when nominees weren't limited to a fixed number for each category?

But I saw that a lot of Nintendo games won this year, so you (read: the staff) are being forgiven.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 16 January 2023

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Machina said:

I clicked through all the categories out of interest, but this one stuck out with its absence of Triangle Strategy among its nominees. How did this happen when nominees weren't limited to a fixed number for each category?

But I saw that a lot of Nintendo games won this year, so you (read: the staff) are being forgiven.

Triangle Strategy competed in Best RPG rather than Best Strategy.

Best Fighting Game of 2022

The winner here achieved the second highest share of the vote out of all categories, with almost 60%. Only the winner of Best Platformer managed to get a higher share of the vote.

Machina said:
RolStoppable said:

Triangle Strategy competed in Best RPG rather than Best Strategy.

Hm... okay. Then it won't win anyway.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Machina said:

Best Fighting Game of 2022

The winner here achieved the second highest share of the vote out of all categories, with almost 60%. Only the winner of Best Platformer managed to get a higher share of the vote.

Honestly surprised King of Fighters is so popular here.

Best Compilation of 2022

Another very close result with broad support across five of the six games that made the final round of voting. First managed 25.01% of the vote, while fifth managed a very respectable 13.63%, just to illustrate how broadly people voted.