March 1- March 15 3 10.71%

March 16-March 31 1 3.57%

April 1-April 15 0 0%

April 16-April 30 0 0%

Zelda Direct Only 0 0%

Twitter Drops Only (oh, the horror) 0 0%

Nintendo didn't do their ... 1 3.57%

Total:28

It's definitely that time, folks.  2023 is fresh upon us and the silence from Nintendo is deafening.  With a very large title just 4 months away, a new theme park opening in Los Angeles, the Super Mario Movie coming out, and an entire calendar of entertainment basically under wraps, the buzz is strong for a media blitz from the Big N.

So when do you think Nintendo will begin their full frontal assault?  Do you think we'll just end up with Twitter drops?  Will there be a Zelda-themed Direct, another Mario Movie Trailer Direct?  

And, of course, what do you hope to see at the next big media showcase?  Pikmin 4 footage/release date?  Metroid Prime Remake/Remaster?  Metroid Prime 4?  Chibi Robo HD?  (haha, I kid).

Let's predict, speculate, and debate.

Around the Network

I’m going to say the beginning of March. After Kirby releases theres a couple month gap of no games. I’m going to assume (and hope) that at the beginning of March we will get Zelda footage, pikmin 4 footage, advance wars releasing in April a full year behind its original release date, Metroid news of some sort, and (megaton) and new 3d Mario for holiday release.

I don't know when it'll hit but whenever it is I would like to see announcement of a DK game coming later this year, Metroid Prime remake coming mid-year, perhaps at least a mention that Prime 4 is expected by end of the year as well, Advance Wars release date, and at least a teaser trailer for 2D Mario. And of course Pikmin and Zelda footage.

Aren't they usually first half of February? So, I'll say, 1-14 February. And it'll be for "first half of this year", all kinds of things, but then they'll also announce stuff releasing past the first half of this year.

Kslost said:

I’m going to say the beginning of March. After Kirby releases theres a couple month gap of no games. I’m going to assume (and hope) that at the beginning of March we will get Zelda footage, pikmin 4 footage, advance wars releasing in April a full year behind its original release date, Metroid news of some sort, and (megaton) and new 3d Mario for holiday release.

They already announced Bayonetta Origins for March.

Around the Network

Second half of February I think. A new DK game would be cool, a new Tomodachi and hopefully some smaller stuff like Style Savvy or Excite Trucks.

The week of March 19.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I think there's still a title missing besides Bayonetta for this fiscal year ending March. April is also empty, so I guess there will be Direct soon which covers March/April and a (Mario) Sports title for June.

We should also see a dedicated Zelda Direct in April.

Pikmin 4 should be released in autumn this year. Metroid Prime 4 maybe winter.

siebensus4 said:

I think there's still a title missing besides Bayonetta for this fiscal year ending March. April is also empty, so I guess there will be Direct soon which covers March/April and a (Mario) Sports title for June.

I think Prime 4 is 2024. We’ll get Metroid Prime Trilogy Remaster or Metroid Prime Remake this year if all goes well. This is, of course, just my opinion and not based on anything other than internet gossip and the belief that it makes the most marketing sense. 

siebensus4 said:

They don't release games in every month of the year. 2022 didn't see any Nintendo game in February, May and December and August only had Kirby's Dream Buffet which is digital only. April this year could definitely not have any new game.