By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Death Stranding Free Epic Games Store

Tagged games:

In case you haven't bought/played but are curious about the game, this is your chance to get it for free. I personally have been enjoying it. Not my fave game but it's addicting enough that I don't mind this game is about delivering packages.

Around the Network

Ah, a second copy of Death Stranding on PC. I'll take it! Or, rather, I think I took it. It's a bit hard to tell if I did, because when I reload the store page, it says I don't own it, but when I try to acquire it again, it says I own it already. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, here's a direct link for those interested in the game: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

I was getting an error earlier in the day but because they first put the Director's Cut version in there and I guess they noticed their mistake. 

Thank you. I enjoy seeing psa with free games

It's not the newer version unfortunately but it's still nice since the original is no longer available on Steam so it's good for preservation at least.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

Ah, a second copy of Death Stranding on PC. I'll take it! Or, rather, I think I took it. It's a bit hard to tell if I did, because when I reload the store page, it says I don't own it, but when I try to acquire it again, it says I own it already. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, here's a direct link for those interested in the game: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/death-stranding

Soonerman said:

I was getting an error earlier in the day but because they first put the Director's Cut version in there and I guess they noticed their mistake. 

It shows "In Library" for me right now.

And yes, its the standard edition.

Isnt the Director's cut better because it includes an extra mission and additional cutscenes to the main story?

Norion said:

It's not the newer version unfortunately but it's still nice since the original is no longer available on Steam so it's good for preservation at least.

If you had bought the original - and upgrade to the Director's Cut (which is $5) - you get to keep both.

BasilZero said:
Norion said:

If you had bought the original - and upgrade to the Director's Cut (which is $5) - you get to keep both.

That's good though I wish old versions didn't get delisted so often. Based on leaks seems this will be the one big freebie Epic does this time unless the 29th also has a big one to end things with.

Norion said:

That's good though I wish old versions didn't get delisted so often. Based on leaks seems this will be the one big freebie Epic does this time unless the 29th also has a big one to end things with.

Yeah I checked my sources and couldnt find it anywhere else other than Epic Game Store and the Microsoft Store

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/p/9NKCHZZTL308

It sucks that older versions arent sold anymore (except for DMC3 and DMC4 from Capcom lol).

Soonerman said:

I didnt realise it was a mistake. I managed to get the Directors Cut instead of the standard Edition and its still in my library so i assumed it was the directors cut they where giving away?. If it was a mistake good thing i got it before they noticed .