By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Head of Capcom R&D slams Sony's Sixaxis Controller

Didn't Sony invent/create the CD (i.e. Compact Disc)?

Although that is more of a "general" piece of technology, rather than purely game related. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Celb said:
People should get over this Nintendo innovation hype. You think DS touch screen is innovation, i hope not. And they already got sued about the wii mote. Its damn near impossible to make something that some one has not "kinda" done already and patented.

It's difficult to make something completly new yes, but it is an innovation to use it in ways people haven't before. How many game systems do you know of with a wii remote like function pre Wii? How many GAME systems do you know with a touch screen before DS.  How many game systems do you know with battery backed up save states before NES? The thing is YES these items all existed and had potential before nintendo did them, but they were never used in the way nintendo had. That IS innovation, sorry.

Main Entry: in·no·va·tion
Function: noun
Pronunciation: "i-n&-'vA-sh&n
1 : the introduction of something new
2 : a new idea, method, or device : NOVELTY
- in·no·va·tion·al /-shn&l, -sh&-n & l/ adjective

That's from Merriam Websters. the idea doesn't need to be completly new it can be a method for an existing item. Fail..

akuma587 said:
So, Microsoft and Nintendo put rumble in their controllers after Sony did. Does that mean that they are unoriginal? Pointing fingers is kind of pointless. Wii-motes do motion-sensing better, no one will argue with you on that. The Sixaxis didn't have to sacrifice buttons, however, to have its motion-sensing. I mean really, Smash Brothers Brawl cannot even be played correctly on a Wii-mote. However good you think the Wii-mote is, it is not perfect. No hostility was intended, I think it is just kind of childish to blame companies for copying ideas when ALL of them do it.

Uh...with a Wiimote and nunchuck, you have everything you'd ever need to play Super Smash Bros...I'm not sure why so many people think otherwise...you need a joystick and four, maybe five buttons to play Super Smash Bros.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

souixan said:
Celb said:
People should get over this Nintendo innovation hype. You think DS touch screen is innovation, i hope not. And they already got sued about the wii mote. Its damn near impossible to make something that some one has not "kinda" done already and patented.

It's difficult to make something completly new yes, but it is an innovation to use it in ways people haven't before. How many game systems do you know of with a wii remote like function pre Wii? How many GAME systems do you know with a touch screen before DS.  How many game systems do you know with battery backed up save states before NES? The thing is YES these items all existed and had potential before nintendo did them, but they were never used in the way nintendo had. That IS innovation, sorry.

Main Entry: in·no·va·tion
Function: noun
Pronunciation: "i-n&-'vA-sh&n
1 : the introduction of something new
2 : a new idea, method, or device : NOVELTY
- in·no·va·tion·al /-shn&l, -sh&-n & l/ adjective

That's from Merriam Websters. the idea doesn't need to be completly new it can be a method for an existing item. Fail..

Dude... You are over-doing it. Nintendo has a fair share of innovation[period] Stop using rubbish facts to make Nintendo the King. I was playing game on my palm way before DS came. Just coz they put the touch-screen to better gaming doesnt mean they innovated it. Using your kinda argument, PS2 innovated rumble, coz most of their games work with the rumblepack(N64 games didint fully support Rumblepack, I only know of Starfox). This is pure crap from a fanboi!

Compact Discs (CDs) were made jointly by Phillips and Sony. And who cares about who made what first. What matters is the implementation and if it's done well. So far, SIXAXIS has yet to impress me.

Around the Network

Mr. Kenobi88, I hereby sue you for font colour infringement. If you do not immediately cease and dissist, you will have to forfiet half of your assets and any spare avatars in your posession. Have a nice day.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Microsoft could have added their Sidewinder Freestyle to the Xbox and make a statement in the console industry. BUT! They didnt..... Just like they didnt use HD DVD on their 360. Short-sighted company, which is why I do not think they will even come 2nd on the console war. They are ZERO in innovations, but excellent in marketing their products. Zip, Remote Desktop and such were all features they copied from others to incorporate into their operating system.

Fine...I tried a brighter blue...but it looked stupid...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Dolla Dolla said:
Compact Discs (CDs) were made jointly by Phillips and Sony. And who cares about who made what first. What matters is the implementation and if it's done well. So far, SIXAXIS has yet to impress me.

Yea... I turn off my sixaxis in RR7. Wiimote doesnt impress me either. Its retarded!! They need to allow screen calibration. Not everyone has the same screen setup(try it on a 70" at 5' away, it sux!). But... I still need to get a hang of it, how else would I get to play Trauma Center. lol!!

Bodhesatva said:
akuma587 said:
So, Microsoft and Nintendo put rumble in their controllers after Sony did. Does that mean that they are unoriginal? Pointing fingers is kind of pointless. Wii-motes do motion-sensing better, no one will argue with you on that. The Sixaxis didn't have to sacrifice buttons, however, to have its motion-sensing. I mean really, Smash Brothers Brawl cannot even be played correctly on a Wii-mote. However good you think the Wii-mote is, it is not perfect. No hostility was intended, I think it is just kind of childish to blame companies for copying ideas when ALL of them do it.

Your first statement is false: Nintendo invented the Rumble Pack back in the N64 era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumble_pack

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_controller

Sony copied Nintendo by including the Rumble feature on the PS controllers.

Actually your false, he said put rumble in the controller not as an attachment.

Just thought you'd like to know