By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 does it deserve it's metacritic?

RolStoppable said:
SanAndreasX said:

Still, it definitely seems like the Enix "half" of the company thrived while the Square half deteriorated. Which honestly makes sense. The "merger" was more correctly Enix, which was larger pre-merger, buying Square. 

I have a hard time remembering what Enix has done beyond Dragon Quest and all its remakes and spinoffs when it comes to IPs that are still active, but nevertheless, there's no doubt that Squaresoft has gone south. Although I'd say that their decline hasn't been as severe as many say, but that's because I don't hold their output from the 1990s in high regard.

Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile were originally Enix IPs.  NieR's predecessor, Drakengard, started development under contract with Enix during its acquisition of Square, and was originally conceived by an Enix producer.  Dragon Quest has benefitted somewhat from a broader western distribution. I believe that it was also Enix management that were largely responsible for the rapprochement with Nintendo, which is Dragon Quest's strongest supporter in the West. 

Around the Network

NO, damn... I rly have tried to play that thing since 2019 and couldn't finish it of being so boring... Really, the gameplay based in social-link is awful and so full f***ing text.

The game can be good and only it's me being outdated, but no way it deserves 90+ in Metacritic... I never understood what the press liked about that thing.

As much as I love the game... After having played the Royal version I realized how the game's highest point story wise is the Kamoshida arc. Everything after that just falls short in terms of me feeling engaged with the story and characters. Not to say they are bad... But I wasn't nearly as invested.

Ok guys, I think Atlus next game Persona 6 if they ever make one should bring and combine previous Persona 5, 4, 3 into something amazing.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 30 November 2022

wink.

Around the Network

Ignore.

SMTV and Nocturne IMO are the best games Atlus has made since going to 3D.

Last edited by Leynos - on 30 November 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

I feel bad for SMT V. It was severely underrated due to game journalists comparing it to Persona.

Leynos said:

I actually like SMTV better than P5/R.

SMTV is boring